• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 1070 and AMD 580/590 in one system

Soldato
Hi chaps

I've been writing some software for Windows thats currently using an GTX 1070 for acceleration, and now I need to get it working on an AMD 580/590 and/or Vega.

I have a free x16 slot (mechanical and electrical) - and also have enough cooling and power (I think? Corsair 1000x).

In a Windows environment can both the AMD and Nvidia cards/drivers live together? This is not for gaming, purely OpenCL and CUDA - I have had mixed vendor GPU setups working under Linux, and I know I could use VM pass through, but for this particular scenario I need both cards working in a single Windows install ideally.

Anyone here tried that before?

Many thanks!

Soldato
They both ran in Windows(can't remember whether it was W7 or 8) more or less fine on gaming when I ran both, the only thing that didn't work back then was hardware PhysX was disabled even outputting solely through the Nvidia gpu, idk if this makes a difference in your scenario as it's not gaming.

Both were connected to the same monitor and the monitor selected the output I wanted to game through-DVI for the Nv/AMD Hdmi, I think on W10 you can designate which gpu you want to output.

Back
Top Bottom