New Star Trek series - 2017

Soldato
This is explained when Spock was being interviewed. They (supposedly) had to get rid of discovery and all knowledge of it and the crew and the spore drive in order to avoid that situation from ever reoccurring. Bit of a cop out but there you go.
Ah fair do's, makes sense I suppose. I was literally dozing off during those end segments. Guess I really do need a re-watch when I get back home tomorrow.

Soldato
Really enjoyed season 2, can't wait for the third.

I got used to bearded sphock too, when he came out classic sphock I disapproved :/

I was also 100% sure at the time discovery was re writing the borg origins due to clever use of lines and the nanobots when they came out of the tube.

Now discovery has gone off into the 33rd century I guess not

Soldato
Soooo, control got magnetically fraggled in the spore chamber, so why did they need to go into the future?
Again, an episode full of feels, why, pretty sure someone said, we are star fleet "Get it done"...
Pretty sure you could cut all of the feels out and half the runtime of an episode..

So, wonder what S3 will bring, and whats this about a Georgio S31 spin off?

And where timeline wise is this Picard show going to sit?
The Picard show is roughly 20 years after Nemesis. Apart from Picard no longer being in Starfleet we don't really know much else.

Discovery S3 is set in the 33rd Century. Its so far in the future they can do anything they want without messing with any existing canon.

Soldato
We know the destruction of Romulus has a bearing, on the Picard series, so it's Kelvin timeline (JJ films) and not prime (TOS,TNG etc.)

Not really, if the JJ films are in an alternate timeline then you will still have the prime one to set stories in. There will of course be no Romulus, Spock will have been lost through a wormhole and some Romulan ship will also be missing but there would be no other effects.

Soldato
Not really, if the JJ films are in an alternate timeline then you will still have the prime one to set stories in. There will of course be no Romulus, Spock will have been lost through a wormhole and some Romulan ship will also be missing but there would be no other effects.

Well yes but we know Picard is set in Kelvin because the producers talked about the destruction of Romulus :)

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Well yes but we know Picard is set in Kelvin because the producers talked about the destruction of Romulus :)

Romulus was destroyed in the Prime universe. It was that destruction (well, Spock's attempt to stop the destruction) that created the JJTrek timeline.

Prime timeline in 2387 or thereabouts a supernova threatens Romulus (makes no sense, but that's a whole other argument). Spock is going to use red matter to swallow up the supernova energy, but doesn't get there in time to save the planet. Nero is a bit peeved about this. Spock uses the red matter to stop the supernova, Nero attacks him, they're both pulled through the red matter wormhole into the past where Nero attacks the Kelvin and sets in motion the JJTrek timeline.

Soldato
Romulus was destroyed in the Prime universe. It was that destruction (well, Spock's attempt to stop the destruction) that created the JJTrek timeline.

Prime timeline in 2387 or thereabouts a supernova threatens Romulus (makes no sense, but that's a whole other argument). Spock is going to use red matter to swallow up the supernova energy, but doesn't get there in time to save the planet. Nero is a bit peeved about this. Spock uses the red matter to stop the supernova, Nero attacks him, they're both pulled through the red matter wormhole into the past where Nero attacks the Kelvin and sets in motion the JJTrek timeline.
Ah Romulus still existed in the original prime time line but that was changed in TNG's 'all good things'. My bad, timelines are complicated!

Soldato
They brought time travel into it, if they wanted to they could rewritten borg origins, they can also rewrite anything really.

It's just if they can rewrite it well which is always diifcult when so many shows on the go

XPE

XPE

Soldato
I don't think we will be seeing an Enterprise spin off, Anson Mount from what has been said didn't have the best time filming the 2nd season of Discovery.

Personally speaking I would like to see a total shake up behind the scenes before they tried an Enterprise spin off, no point wasting Mount and Peck if its going to be the same writers.

Caporegime
Why don’t the producers just have a single rights holder? It seems like such a mess doing it this way.

Quite frankly they need to bring back the ds9 folk for something, they’ve made a behind the scenes movie that’s coming out soon, so maybe they’re on the market.

Back
Top Bottom