Hayfever - Thread

Associate
Actually been fine since late last year then the last few days have been hellish, I have asthma so first thought is that rather than hayfever. Started taking my hayfever tablets again and after couple of days much better, inhaler use calmed down a lot.

Catches you out where I live as its never really that warm but even a few degrees can make all the difference. Its not like im sitting there sweltering but a quick look outside shows its clearly warmer, birds out in force, bees everywhere, nature doing its thing.

Soldato
I've been getting battered thus last week, just had to out there before Asda closed and get some eye drops. I never normally get it this bad but this year has been horrific so far.

Been naughty and took 3 one a day tablets as I was really suffering, hope it eases off as it's getting to the stage of debilitating. I wanted to gouge my blinking eyes out earlier.

Associate
Other people rejoice at this time of year, I panic.

Where are people getting their supplies from this year and what are you going for? I normally need a tablet, eye drops and nasal spray. Will try the tip of taking tab at night.

Soldato
My hayfever is horrific this year. I had a terrible sleep last night, sneezing, itching the lot. I find a pre bed shower helps, but not much.

Soldato
Other people rejoice at this time of year, I panic.

Where are people getting their supplies from this year and what are you going for? I normally need a tablet, eye drops and nasal spray. Will try the tip of taking tab at night.

I'm on eye drops and tablets. The nasal spray is useless for me, because I'm so bunged up.

Soldato
Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
- One a day tablet (switching between loratadine and cetirizine at the moment, although I think cetirizine works a bit better).

I too find cetirizine much better and stronger then loratadine, however its rare but my body does adapt and cetirzine can stop working
so I flick between the two, Fexofenadine and similar never worked well for me at all and way too pricey, the other which works is boots
benadryl-allergy-relief, bit pricey and you need to take more then the others but it can work too. I will post my ultimate hayfever pack in separate post.

beconase180_l.jpg

Wonderful stuff.

Agree its a life saver, superdrug do a similar one with same chemical and sometimes bit more cheaper too. You can also find it going for amazon prime addon
for I think 3 quid, which is better then most high streets.

Had a couple of nose bleeds in the past week first thing in the morning. But taking tablets and nasal spray is still working nicely for me.

nose bleeds are common side effects of the nasal sprays (steroid or non even) I just live with them sadly... or reduce during winter to 1 shot per day.

£6.81 free delivery for a year's supply of tablets (exactly the same as you'd get on prescription at £9 a month):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B071KZS3BF?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Along with Avamys nasal spray on prescription:

https://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/avamys.html#

My symptoms are 99% under control. Never need eye drops or anything. I just have the odd sneeze and blow my nose 2-3 times a day.

snap use the same packet cetrizines the allcans and they are great. Never heard of this spray but sounds great.

I will post my hayfever regime next post

R3X

R3X

Soldato
20+ years of hayfever suffering so ill post my hayfever regime:

1.Cetirizine or Loratadine generics (but I do go for allacan cetirizine from amazon here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allacan-Ce...oding=UTF8&psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

2. Beconase-Hayfever-Relief-Nasal- biggest game changer to my arsenal over the last 3 years, its allowed me to carry on half normal without acting
like a zombie, stopped those sneezing fits about 60-70%+

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beconase-H...ugstore&sprefix=beconase,drugstore,143&sr=1-2

3. Paracetamol tablets-total life savers since I added them to my mix, they reduce inflammation in the nose, face and head and reduce my symptoms.
You don't have to take it often or daily maybe just worse days or 1 in morning if bad.

4. reduced triggering foods, nuts- I use to love nuts but stopped them bad for my teeth and wear them out but they have some boosting protein that
I believe make me sneezing like crazy. I did not need to stop milk, cheese, dairy or chocolate so called allergy triggering foods either but nuts were a bad trigger and perhaps oranges, tomato or fruit juices also.

5.stay indoors with doors/windows shut, wear face mask when cleaning house or vacuuming around too.

Soldato
I had my first sneezing session 10 minutes ago. I’ve not taken anything so far as I wanted to see if moving from NE London to super rural SW France changed my allergies.

Just about every single plant, bush and tree is covered in blossom at the moment, so I’m not surprised I’m sneezing.

Will give it a couple of days to see if I adjust unless the 24/7 runny nose and sneezing I suffered in London for 20 years every spring/summer kicks off.

Soldato
Been a bit sneezy over the weekend but I'm past the worst now. Late Feb early march I had a couple of weeks where I had it really bad. Not even taking anything now and im ok

Associate
I had my first sneezing session 10 minutes ago. I’ve not taken anything so far as I wanted to see if moving from NE London to super rural SW France changed my allergies.

Just about every single plant, bush and tree is covered in blossom at the moment, so I’m not surprised I’m sneezing.

Will give it a couple of days to see if I adjust unless the 24/7 runny nose and sneezing I suffered in London for 20 years every spring/summer kicks off.

It can be wildly different depending on where you are. If I go somewhere with 'dry' heat, even if there is relatively high levels of pollen then I almost never suffer. Come back to Britain and it's almost instant. Also went to the Caribbean and just sneezed constantly, that wet heat just did for me. I guess different parts of France could be very different to one another though. I went to Andalusia last summer and even walking around botanical gardens and the like I was fine given the type of heat, further north was a different story.

Associate
What do people find works best for relief from itchy eyes? I can deal with the sneezing and runny nose but when my eyes get bad its game over and I normally just have to go to bed for a few hours until they settle down.
I wear glasses too and even wearing these the pollen still get to my eyes(if that's how it works...?)

Do any of the eye drops out there actually work? Any tablets that help?

Associate
cold water soaked flannel over your eyes and head back keep your eyes open under the flannel for a minute so the water gets in but isn't drowning you

cheaper than those eye sprays

Soldato
I've had a few light sniffles over the Easter weekend, so it's time to microwave my stash of local honey in anticipation of bad hayfever this year.

Back
Top Bottom