Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Considering we didn't see the Night King in that final shot(?) that would be a reasonable theory. Would also show some sound tactical planning :p
Maybe the Night King is able to see what they're doing through Bran, thus meaning the plan to draw him out on his own won't work so he's buggered off elsewhere, King's Landing for example?

It's what I love most about Game of Thrones - 99% of the theories people come up with could quite easily be true! :D

Soldato
Wasn't expecting Arya to be impaled this episode but it looks like Gendry got her good and proper with his pork sword.

Also think she had an important role to play, why train her up as a master assassin if she isn't going to assassinate anyone.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Wasn't existing Arya to be impaled this episode but it looks like Gendry got her good and proper with his pork sword.

Also think she had an important role to play, why train her up as a master assassin if she isn't going to assassinate anyone.

Definitely and with that weapon too. She's gonna do some damage.

Soldato
These episodes have been great so far, bringing all of the central characters together.

i disagree. i don't like the 'feel' to this season at all so far

it would be utterly epic if the knight kings army wiped the lot out and it ended with a pan out of them victorious with some dark strings playing

Soldato
To me it's the opposite of the spears the NK and white walkers use. Wondering if she'll be the one to drop their dragon.
i'm assuming it's been mentioned in meetings offscreen, because otherwise i'm sure she doesn't even know there's an undead dragon - or has that fact been mentioned, cos i can't recall?

Soldato
Good call, looks like it'd do the job if it hits.
sounding ****** awful to me, depending how it's handled. we've only seen a massive specially-designed crossbow and a supernatural king hoy projectiles far/hard enough to take out a dragon - if they then show that weedy little upstart doing it, again it'll be turn-off-the-TV time.

Caporegime
Love the theory that the NK will attack Kings Landing and this North attack is a diversion, like Robb's 2000 men one.

That would be interesting, though there were quite a few white walkers in that end scene of this latests episode, but I guess the NK was no where to be seen.

Wouldn't they also have had news/ravens from other castles along the way too - I mean there are certain points they'd have to pass through not to mention the recent arrivals from Last Hearth said they had to pass the NK's army on the way there. I guess he's perfectly capable of flying there himself though.

It would be quite a cluster **** though if he did, I mean every battle he wins he just gets yet more dead for his army, if he wipes out the south and gets that entire population hen they're really screwed. It does almost seem a bit dodgy to have all those infantry out in the open to meet him, unless they secure a decisive victory they're essentially adding yet more numbers to the army of the dead.

Would be cool if Arya gets to kill the NK/Dragon with her new weapon, or maybe Bronn can take down the dragon. Jon Snow having some sword fight with the NK might be a bit too cheesy.

Also:

ccxIccX.jpg

:D

Soldato
Mmm... the Kings Landing theory is nice, especially with only 4 episodes to go. Next ep could be KL and Cersei getting her just deserts while the North waits, looking puzzled. Saves them having to rush south and sort that loose end out later. But I'm not sure what the NK would get by toppling Cersei other than a new southern army and a pincer movement on the North that seems unlikely to be required. Can he resurrect dragon skulls? Seems unlikely. Cersei'd make a cracking Night Queen, but I don't see what she'd add that he needs.

I realised while watching this episode that I've already made my peace with this series. Endings rarely scratch the itch properly in any story, and they've earned the right to get it a bit wrong. So if this all gets a bit 'Line of Duty' (I though last night's LoD was closer to farce than drama) I can live with that. I do struggle to work out what the 3-Eyed Raven's for though. Ok he/it's a kind of 'memory library' for humanity, but what use is storage if its not used for something other than making Jaime squirm? What did the 3ER do in the past except sit under a tree in various incarnations. Or have I missed something and he was instrumental in keeping Winter at bay or something similarly unsung-heroey? That would make sense, I suppose.

Oh, and I also like the Arya for NK or at least dragon slaying duty theory. I'll eat my hat if she survives though, much though I'd like a spin-off series following her round Westeros as a vigilante for the poor and downtrodden, with The Hound as her sidekick.

Final crackpot theory: The Mountain kills the Night King; what's already dead, cannot die! But we know The Hound has to snuff his brother for poetic justice, so maybe not. Whatever happens though, I reckon it'll keep everyone arguing even longer than the Sopranos' ending. :)

Back
Top Bottom