City of Heroes

Soldato
I used to really love this game :D

I felt they made it more complicated than it needed to be in the end - But it was great while it lasted :D

Yeah, I agree on the overcomplicating side of things.

I played this every day for years, it's where my forum name comes from, it was my global name on Defiant! I didn't play much towards the end, I think I got burnt out and I didn't take to the Pretorian stuff quite as well as the more normal stuff either. I'm not sure I want to go back and sully my memories tbh.

I'm in the same boat as you. Plus I got very little else done when I played this.
I'm also not sure I could be bothered to recreate all my characters. Now if NCSoft re-opened the game with all my old characters... (I'd probably realise I'd forgotten my account username and passwords).

On a side note, we were in the same "guild", I think we even played together a little. Do you remember Proximity's radio station?

Caporegime
Yeah, I agree on the overcomplicating side of things.

I'm in the same boat as you. Plus I got very little else done when I played this.
I'm also not sure I could be bothered to recreate all my characters. Now if NCSoft re-opened the game with all my old characters... (I'd probably realise I'd forgotten my account username and passwords).

On a side note, we were in the same "guild", I think we even played together a little. Do you remember Proximity's radio station?
I do!

Soldato
OP
I played on Union.

I'm playing again as my old main (Human Flea).

We've had nice long stable periods so I've done Frostfire, Atta and a few other arcs :) Bloody amazing fun and the community is still amazing!

Man of Honour
If I read it right they hit a peak player count just now in excess of when the game was originally live. The reception has been incredible.

Soldato
OP
I played this every day for years, it's where my forum name comes from, it was my global name on Defiant! I didn't play much towards the end, I think I got burnt out and I didn't take to the Pretorian stuff quite as well as the more normal stuff either. I'm not sure I want to go back and sully my memories tbh.
It's just as much fun as it was back then. I'm absolutely loving it.

Associate
They hit 2800+ players online last night, and even have 14k registered forum users.

They have announced the 27th (Saturday) will be the wipe day and launching the live server.

Man of Honour
Until NCSoft's lawyers get into gear anyway.

I dunno if it is true, I hope to be surprised, but apparently the mentality of those up the top is "we made the right decision" and the more successful the leak is the more likely they will act harshly to save face.

On the other hand a couple of the SCORE team apparently have had productive talks with NCSoft but a lot of that seems to be because the nature of the personal information in the database that is part of the CoH server is of concern due to the privacy laws of today.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Bad bad memories of grinding 5th column with a scrapper for levels. I think it was my first experience of grinding hell.

I did have a big bearded pink dude called Love Muscle. He got a lot of attention :D

Man of Honour
Have they transferred over all the characters and toons or is it from scratch? And does it support Ultrawide?

So far it is all from scratch - lots of legal issues around the character database, etc. apparently.

I played a good hour this morning but they are doing a full wipe and moving to a "stable" build on the 27th - hoping all goes well and they don't get taken down :|

The level of activity and interest in the game is insane - there are like 10 instances of Atlas Park spawned currently (to put that into perspective there is currently a 300 player per instance cap).

Caporegime
So far it is all from scratch - lots of legal issues around the character database, etc. apparently.

I played a good hour this morning but they are doing a full wipe and moving to a "stable" build on the 27th - hoping all goes well and they don't get taken down :|

The level of activity and interest in the game is insane - there are like 10 instances of Atlas Park spawned currently (to put that into perspective there is currently a 300 player per instance cap).

Hmm, not sure I want to start from scratch! so much time invested!

Man of Honour
Hmm, not sure I want to start from scratch! so much time invested!

Personally I'm OK with starting from scratch though some of the little buffs from rewards like badge collections, etc. will be a bit of a pain to redo. Infact really enjoyed just playing for an hour at a low level so I really wish they'd get the live servers up and some guarantee it will be around for awhile!

Soldato
OP
Personally I'm OK with starting from scratch though some of the little buffs from rewards like badge collections, etc. will be a bit of a pain to redo. Infact really enjoyed just playing for an hour at a low level so I really wish they'd get the live servers up and some guarantee it will be around for awhile!
I'm at Level 20 and I'm not in the least bothered about starting again after wipe. Did the Positron TF which was highly confusing on the last mission given it was so long ago. Thankfully my team had better memories :)

If you fancy teaming up give me a shout :)

Man of Honour
If you fancy teaming up give me a shout :)

I play as Rroff ingame global handle RroffUK - I'm still on the fence putting too much effort in pre-wipe at the moment and only fairly low level still. Also a bit leery on the potential cease and desist side putting too much effort and having it shutdown again is gonna bite.

Soldato
OP
I play as Rroff ingame global handle RroffUK - I'm still on the fence putting too much effort in pre-wipe at the moment and only fairly low level still. Also a bit leery on the potential cease and desist side putting too much effort and having it shutdown again is gonna bite.
I'll probably roll a new character or two anyhow - I'll give you a shout if I'm about - need a break as I'm knackered this evening :)

Back
Top Bottom