Picked up my new car this weekend........955hp V10 Audi RS6! (HP figure updated 08/10/22)

Soldato
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, at least you're not reliant on it whilst it's in the garage. I'll await an update in 7 months :)

Still the only car that has got me close to a literal brown trouser moment :D

Man of Honour
I had a run with a current RS6 last week on a private runway....

I was surprised that my R8 was quicker, I thought the RS6 would still have had me with the extra horses but the R8 pulled on it. Weight I guess.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I had a run with a current RS6 last week on a private runway....

I was surprised that my R8 was quicker, I thought the RS6 would still have had me with the extra horses but the R8 pulled on it. Weight I guess.

Makes me think of this

Soldato
OP
Can you actually full throttle this thing below 100mph without traction issues? I know it's AWD but that's a serious amount of power/torque

Yeap, anything from 30mph upwards in 2nd gear on dry/damp roads and it grips and buggers off with a massive thump in the back (violent enough for a pair of glasses to fly off my uncles head) . I'm running 275 wide MPSS tyres all-round which helps too.

Also, I don't floor it in 1st often (less than 5 times total) where it would wheelspin because there's just no real need to, it's not really what the car is built for and the same goes for full throttle on wet roads or driving like an idiot, there's just no need to when you can just drive it like a normal A6 if you have to.

Soldato
OP
General Update - The cars had the gearbox rebuilt and fitted but due to me not being able to get back to the UK for another 3-6 months I've held off getting the "servicing" bits done (brakes, oil etc) until closer to my eventual collection, by which point it'll have been nearly 18 months since I last drove it due to repairs, working in Saudi, Corona flight bans etc.

@ianh .... Genuine question. Do you run a company? Either a very weird set of circumstances or the stars have aligned. Will explain upon your anwser.

I was a self-employed contractor (if thats the term) for a few years with a LTD company but closed that a few years ago when I got a permanent job. However now my curiosity is piqued :)

Soldato
General Update - The cars had the gearbox rebuilt and fitted but due to me not being able to get back to the UK for another 3-6 months I've held off getting the "servicing" bits done (brakes, oil etc) until closer to my eventual collection, by which point it'll have been nearly 18 months since I last drove it due to repairs, working in Saudi, Corona flight bans etc.

I was a self-employed contractor (if thats the term) for a few years with a LTD company but closed that a few years ago when I got a permanent job. However now my curiosity is piqued :)

Oh praise the lord for that.

So i see your name is Ian H ... my boss is an Ian H. My boss resides in stoke... and drives an RS6 that looks identical to this and it's beefy for sure although i haven't enquired about it's HP.

Soldato
OP
@FloppyPoppy - Thats a pretty close match, I hate to think there's another IanH in Stoke with an RS6 ruining my reputation, please ask him to change his name ASAP :D

@skaif - Only on this forum, although the list of coincidences is disturbingly high from the list provided by @FloppyPoppy!

In another two "it's a small world" examples - I was chatting to a guy on Pistonheads for a few months about my RS6 and it turns out he's the direct boss of my mate at Bet365 in Stoke. My mate had mentioned I'd taken him out for a spin in my car to his car-mad boss who put 2+2 together! Finally, at Bet365 again, my boss (two levels above me) is good friends with the owner Denise after their kids met at school and became good friends and now they all holiday together etc.

Back
Top Bottom