PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
No idea why that guy is so happy about getting weapon stats and a key fob to hang off your gun. What a waste of resources when they could have put them people on making new maps or fixing bugs.

How long has the death cam been broken for now? Still no mention of fixing it

Caporegime
you have to remember people who work on what you suggesting wont be the people working on what you want fixing. so it doesnt effect anything.

if the trinkets have the clinky noise that just got removed then it will be amuzing. also the idea comes from dirty bomb. which they had the same for years. if they dont have any sound penalty and people like them fair enough. as long as you have a option to add or remove them i dont see a issue in anyway.

Associate
Ya what we need instead of fixing the broken cam, constant de-sync and horrendous vehicle physics is more clinking sounds!

I remember I used to go to all the PUBG demonstrations demanding more clinking noises.

Associate
Oh I don't think anyone says it isn't addictive. I just say it could be SO much better.

Imagine if:

1. The game had decent netcode/no de-sync and bullets always hit where you shot at. Frostbite is miles better in this regard.
2. The game didn't have little micro-stutters, even on the fastest gaming computers in the world.
3. Touching a vehicle moving 2 MPH didn't kill you.
4. Didn't have a significant amount of cheaters.
5. Player movement was a bit more realistic and didn't feel incredibly sluggish like a big tank of water sloshing around.
6. Vehicles didn't float in the air like a balloon when going over a incline/jump.
7. A replay camera that actually worked properly.
8. Loot didn't take multiple seconds to simply appear in the world for some people upon landing (even on the fastest computers).
9. People being able to shoot at you from behind objects with 1 centimeter of their head exposed.
10. Head-shots didn't take up a massive unrealistic amount of kill percentages in game.
11. Grass/foliage stop rendering at 200m for peoples crap computers, completely dictating how you have to play the game. 100% opposite what is realistic. Distance should make you harder to spot/target/shoot, not easier.
12. Smoke "pluming" differently on each persons client, so you don't know if you are exposed to other people or not based off of your client.
13. Molle rendering a complete joke, fire not even near you on the ground yet can light you on fire.

Just some stuff quick off the top of my head. And yes, I still play it (although not as much as I used to).

Last edited:
Caporegime
i dont get how you can say frostbite is much better it has probably some of the worst reg issues of any engine. they often spend a year plus trying to solve it for each game they make on it.

you shouldnt get micro stuttering. thats your end.

Associate
PUBG is well renowned for having terrible frame times. Evidence all over the net. I have a RTX Titan at 2160 MHz, it laughs at PUBG. Frostbite is glass smooth compared to PUBG.

Caporegime
ask or look yourself about battlefield hit reg issues. anyone who plays it knows how bad it has been since battlefield began. bf4 took two years was it to fix simple crouching behind and standing up and objects. your connection is the main reason you have bad hitreg. i have a great connection dont get the issues you speak of. i played 1000s of hrs of all bf games. the reg isnt great. frostbite engine is just it looks pretty but it has more issues than unreal 4 does. thats why all modern or many of them use unreal 4 engine. dice just use frostbite because it saves them a lot of money.

Soldato
PUBG is well renowned for having terrible frame times. Evidence all over the net. I have a RTX Titan at 2160 MHz, it laughs at PUBG. Frostbite is glass smooth compared to PUBG.

This is the reason I gave PUBG up, the frame time graph shows the stutter that I feel constantly, it's just unplayable for me on a 1080Ti @ 1440p, lowest settings, that's not a FPS issue.

Soldato
Been away for a week or two, dove back into pubg and its running bloody really well! 7 solo games, one chicken 3 K/D woo hoo!

Who needs the fastest computer in the world when you got perfection on a 2500k with an 290 and 8GB ram... all that tinkering must have paid off!

BLAM-BLAM!

(I see they opened the shutters at erangel starting spot...they missed a trick there...they should have made a way to get out using parkour)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Usually runs like a peach for me though did recently notice, if I try and fire off the back of a boat the animation for the splashes almost become a PowerPoint presentation.

Associate
The gpu has little effect on frames it's the cpu you need to be concerned about.If you get stuttering disable death cam and replay in the settings and i bet stuttering is gone or very minimal.

So disable a main feature of the game and one that allows you to spot cheaters just so the game doesn't run like crap...

And I have a 14 core CPU at 4.8 GHz, if PUBG has problems with that I don't know what it wouldn't have problems with.

Back
Top Bottom