• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Aorus RTX 2080Ti Waterforce - high scratching - electrical sound

Associate
got my system built up other day after having a nightmare with radiance pro build from overclockers on to discover x2 parts are not functioning to how they should , and am asking for a little advice

system totally locks up on every game i play , system is totl stock no overclock applied what so ever

and when card kicks in makes this sound in video

any advice appreciated , as thinking of taking full lot back to them on tuesday and having the 2 and half hour drive

Soldato
That's coil whine.

as above that's is definitely coil wine from the card, i have a 2080 ti under water and mine is awful under load, but i wear headphones so dont notice it at all, quite a few of the rtx card line up suffer from this unfortunately, if you pc isn't working correctly with the new card in and everything's at stock settings I'd be organising a return for a replacement or a refund

Last edited:
Soldato
Coil whine I’d say. Just make sure you are not running crazy high fps and are enabling v-sync.

It’s pretty common from a card of high power. Pretty common from most gfx cards nowadays really.

One reason I have my pc under the desk with noise deadening foam throughout as it makes it pretty much silent.

But as above if the system is locking up, freezing on every thing you play and you have tried the basics such as drivers etc then I’d start getting some advice from ocuk and initiate a return.

Back
Top Bottom