ANNO 1800

Soldato
Having a nightmare trying to buy this on the Ubisoft store, as per the above 404 errors galore.

Also nulls the 20% off code as it thinks you've used it.

Lastly the Ubisoft store website was showing me someone else's details, so top security there Ubisoft!

Might just not bother, never had this kind of thing on Steam or other platforms like GMG or the Humble store.

Soldato
I completed the campaign a couple of days ago, didnt seem to have the issues some have reported on their forums and Reddit pages.

Im in a sandbox mode now and enjoying it. Wife also likes the game and has sat with me for quite a long time yesterday lol.

Associate
Same - did you get the game? Not showing up for me

Nope, Ubisoft support are looking into it. The money appeared to be a pending transaction in my bank account, but they haven't taken the money it seems.

I'm probably not gonna bother with it now until it comes back on Steam....such a faff to buy a game.

Man of Honour
I completed the campaign a couple of days ago, didnt seem to have the issues some have reported on their forums and Reddit pages.

Im in a sandbox mode now and enjoying it. Wife also likes the game and has sat with me for quite a long time yesterday lol.

Same here, wife sat and watched me playing it for a few hours and she was so taken with it that she immediately logged onto her uplay account and bought it too, so we've spent some time over the weekend playing multiplayer on it :)

Soldato
Nope, Ubisoft support are looking into it. The money appeared to be a pending transaction in my bank account, but they haven't taken the money it seems.

I'm probably not gonna bother with it now until it comes back on Steam....such a faff to buy a game.

Wow, and you've been waiting four days. I contacted support and tried to cancel but they couldn't.

I'll probably write a strongly worded letter and cancel.

Steam FTW. I see why piracy is an option when they make it this hard to simply take our money and give us a piece of code.

Soldato
When did you buy?

Shortly before that post, I don't have an exact time but can't be more than 10 minutes or so before 12. Emails from Ubisoft all seem to be delayed which might give me a timestamp.

If there is a pending balance on your card and you don't have the game, then I would assume the transaction had not completed and the money should come back to you eventually on it's own.

I paid with Amex directly as Paypal was giving me a lot of 404 errors.

Soldato
I have read of people who have been waiting for UBI to sort out their access to the game they bought at launch but still to appear in their games within the client.

I'm going to try another start of the campaign, after three previous attempts where quests can't be continued or ended. I did make a bug report about that, many others have replied with similar issues.
Not sure what causes it for some and yet others can play without an issue.?

Soldato
Shortly before that post, I don't have an exact time but can't be more than 10 minutes or so before 12. Emails from Ubisoft all seem to be delayed which might give me a timestamp.

If there is a pending balance on your card and you don't have the game, then I would assume the transaction had not completed and the money should come back to you eventually on it's own.

I paid with Amex directly as Paypal was giving me a lot of 404 errors.

So you just kept trying until it was accepted and you got the game?

Or you didn't get the game? I have the pending transaction.....

Man of Honour
I have read of people who have been waiting for UBI to sort out their access to the game they bought at launch but still to appear in their games within the client.

I'm going to try another start of the campaign, after three previous attempts where quests can't be continued or ended. I did make a bug report about that, many others have replied with similar issues.
Not sure what causes it for some and yet others can play without an issue.?

Unfortunately its precisely those sorts of bugs (works for some and not others) which are often the hardest to nail down. As an example, both my missus and I bought the game without any purchasing issues on Uplay. Both of us used our 100point discounts without issue and both of us have now completed the campaign (on my PC and on hers) without encountering any glitches or bugs. We're also midway through a multiplayer game of it, again without encountering (so far) any bugs or issues. But why thats been the case for us and not for others could be almost anything I guess

Soldato
So you just kept trying until it was accepted and you got the game?

Or you didn't get the game? I have the pending transaction.....

If it's not showing on your order history I doubt you'll get the game.

The pending transaction on your card is likely when Ubisoft attempted to take the money, but it doesn't sound like it completed successfully. That money is earmarked, but without them completing it, it will stop being earmarked in the near future.

I got mine through the UPlay app, using Credit Card payment method. I did have to submit the details twice but it seems to have only taken the money once, and I do have the game. I did try the website previously but it seemed even more broken than the app was.

Worst case scenario you will somehow be charged twice, but they should be able to refund you if that happens. As long as you can live with a temporary double transaction value, I'd suggest just trying to buy it again via the app with a credit card.

Soldato
FFS I knew I should have bought it from Steam at the new release prices. Might be a blessing in disguise though as I really dont have the time to be putting in the hours I know I would want to with this game.

Associate
This is the 1st Anno game i've played and I like the concept but i'm yet to really get into it. Think I just need to play at a slower pace and get to grips with the basic stuff.

Soldato
I've been enjoying it.
Campaign was o.k, but enjoying myself more now that I know what I'm doing and in sand box mode.

Biggest gameplay complaint is that the commuter port is so late in the game.

Back
Top Bottom