Anyone own a Steve McQueen Barbour jacket?

Soldato
Barbour isn't chav, and neither is Burberry anymore. It used to be, but the fashion/chav scene has moved on.

Now it's north face and berghaus.

Personally, I buy whatever the hell I like....chav or not.

Associate
Barbour isn't chav, and neither is Burberry anymore. It used to be, but the fashion/chav scene has moved on.

Now it's north face and berghaus.

Personally, I buy whatever the hell I like....chav or not.

I think “chav” people ruin brands, I’m not a chav by any means but I own clothing from all brands mentioned above but once the people known as chavs get a hold of them you don’t want to wear them. North face mainly up here hoody’s and tracksuits. Wouldn’t think barbour is chav wear at all.

Associate
I have about 4 Barbour coats, 2 of them the Steve McQueen models, and 2 Belstaffs.

The quality is phenomenal compared to normal brands and it's timeless style so won't need replacing every year or two. Barbour have overdone it a bit on the McQueen branding but the actual jackets are nice so I'll forgive a badge or emblem.

I don't really get the Barbour chav label. I'm from East Anglia, we are virtually swaddled in it from birth. Must be the TOWIE and MIC lot with their Barbour wellies.

Soldato
OP
Well, I received the jacket the other day. I have to say, it's damn nice, albeit rather fitted. Next on the agenda, some new boots.

Associate
Yeah they are nice, what one did you end up with? There’s a fine line on them for fitting I think but when you know which size to get your sorted.

Soldato
OP
Yeah they are nice, what one did you end up with? There’s a fine line on them for fitting I think but when you know which size to get your sorted.

I ended up getting this one -

1544778003-36477100.jpg

I think my only real criticism of it, is that the sleeves are a little bit too long. Aside from that, it's all good.

Back
Top Bottom