Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
my biggest problem with the Arya scene, is that it was lazy writing, "ooo noo we all going to die, don't let me die a virgin", not very original

Soldato
I think they build it u sufficiently when he travelled to king's landing walked up to his brother and told him, that he'd be the one to put him down.

Fair point. I'd forgotten about that scene tbh. Planned to do a recap prior to this season but life got in the way. I'd like to see a brutal fight between the two of them, it would show respect to the book fans too as it's been pretty high on their bucket list.

Soldato
my biggest problem with the Arya scene, is that it was lazy writing, "ooo noo we all going to die, don't let me die a virgin", not very original

I had a completely different view of it, everyone had been telling her she had changed, she was this she was that, now she is other etc.
I felt this was Arya trying to reconnect with human feelings rather than the black and white of life and death and her role as a hand of the God of Death.
She was Arya Stark again for a while, and after looking wistfully to the side, i wondered if she had felt at all during the experience, if it was what she hoped, or if she was doing it for Gendry before he passed. Knowing in her heart she isn't what she was anymore, nor can she be again.

Then again, i might have got the wrong end of it entirely.

Man of Honour
She’s going to sacrifice herself to resurrect someone. Imo, either Dany, Jon and Dany’s possible baby or Viserion so the dragons are a trio again

I think we can discount the Jon and Dany offspring side of things. Theres only 4 episodes to go and Dany, as far as is known isnt pregnant yet and nothing has been indicated or suggested that she is. With the timeframe of these episodes seemingly much more compact than previous seasons there just isnt time now for her to have a term of pregnancy and birth, not unless episode 5 is going to begin with "7 months later...." after the titles.

Soldato
Dany - I would have said safe during the battle of Winterfell but the Jon reveal means she's potentially superfluous. Would be a ballsy move to kill her before episode 6.
This is a great theory. I really feel that it's odd how "safe" everything feels in the first two episodes. Even though we're building up to a big battle, it's just very ho-hum so far. So, either the writers have totally lost the plot and it's going to turn into a generic TV drama where everyone good survives and Jon & Dany become King and Queen ( :confused: ) or there's about to be an almighty mind**** :p Killing Dany next ep would certainly do that!

Soldato
This is a great theory. I really feel that it's odd how "safe" everything feels in the first two episodes. Even though we're building up to a big battle, it's just very ho-hum so far. So, either the writers have totally lost the plot and it's going to turn into a generic TV drama where everyone good survives and Jon & Dany become King and Queen ( :confused: ) or there's about to be an almighty mind**** :p Killing Dany next ep would certainly do that!
I hope she goes full Cersei to Jon and says things like "No you can't have the throne, it's mine!" and turns a bit bad. And then she dies anyway, that'd be alright.

Soldato

I think in terms of the final complexion GRR Martin probably still has a significant involvemen? I'd assume the final result will basically mirror what he had planned for the books. If so he's a pretty twisty ******* so anything could happen. Although if they want to really honour his vision it should just end abruptly with no conclusion.

Tbh I have a feeling Bran is a baddy and they're all gonna die.

This is interesting, if you look at it as two sides of a war Bran is on the "good" side from our perspective, however as a moral character I'd say he's now got to be pretty grey. There's definitely a shade of I-Robot in there, he'll do what's required but that decision making is likely devoid of morality. Everyone in Winterfell still sees him as Bran Stark, but he was at pains to point out in this episode a) that he is now something different, and b) that individual actions aren't important when compared to the bigger picture (the discussion with Jaime about throwing him from the tower).

Good shout.

Last edited:
Soldato
They've really amped up the Dany the despot theme this season. I've never liked the character, too full of herself and her mission. I wouldn't be surprised to see her go full Mad Queen. Can't see Jon on the Iron throne, maybe King in the North. Surely Gendry has to be in with a shout as the Baratheon heir on the show. Kinda fits that whole I Claudius last man standing vibe. Vir Cotto in B5 was the unlikely Emperor. I think the showrunners would do well to have an unexpected victor for the Iron Throne.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it will end with no Iron throne.
A queen of the Iron isles.
A barathoneon, gendry on his lands.
Someone to replace the Dornish.
Tyrion either in Kingslanding or on Caterly Rock.
Sansa as warden of the North.
Royce with cousin Peter back in the Errie.
There are still some Tullys about.
I think overall rule will end, and everyone will be free folk eventually.

Cleganebowl to occur, but I doubt it will be as epic as anyone imagined.

Man of Honour
I think it will end with no Iron throne.
A queen of the Iron isles.
A barathoneon, gendry on his lands.
Someone to replace the Dornish.
Tyrion either in Kingslanding or on Caterly Rock.
Sansa as warden of the North.
Royce with cousin Peter back in the Errie.
There are still some Tullys about.
I think overall rule will end, and everyone will be free folk eventually.

Cleganebowl to occur, but I doubt it will be as epic as anyone imagined.

I second the Cleganebowl thoughts, I dont think we will see an epic fight between the two of them, I suspect all that will happen is that the mountain will be giving someone the smackdown, Arya maybe, and the hound will come along and kill the mountain, but in a quick way, like immolating him or pushing him off a cliff or something non-face to face combat style like that. Hound will survive but give up fighting forever.

As for Sansa, she will become Queen of the North, I reckon she will survive and Theon will survive and they will marry.

Sam will become Lord Tarly

Arya will survive but with no war left she will become bored and return to Braavos to the faceless men. Who knows, maybe her final scene will be her disembarking a ship and being greeted by Syrio.

Brienne will live and become the first female commander of the kingsguard or whatever they are called.

Gendry will survive and be legitimised as Gendry Baratheon.

Tyrion will live and win the throne, in lieu of nobody else wanting it and will grant the North independence.

Cersei will die.
Jon will die.
Mormont will die.
Grey Worm will die.
Dany will die.
Jamie will die.
Tormund will die.
Edd will die.
Beric will die.
Davos will die.
Bran will "die".
The night king will "die".
All the dragons will die.

Bronn will survive, and the final scene of the series will be Bronn bidding farewell to King Tyrion, first of his name, before riding off to his new castle and looking back one last time at Kings Landing and saying the final sentence of the show "**** the Game of Thrones".

Back
Top Bottom