• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AORUS DID NOT INVENT THE GRAPHICS CARD, THEY PERFECTED IT! RTX 2000 SERIES!! *****

Soldato
You have a video of it crashing seanyc5 so post it on the customer forum like I did good luck mate I hope your rma goes smooth it’s a hassle sending stuff back but I has to be done unfortunately mate all the best ..

Regards scubes....

Soldato
I have a question for all Aorus 2080ti owners.

I have now had two of these cards, and these seem to exhibit some strange behaviour.

So lets say i set up the graphics card in the Aorus software, ie set a certain pattern to the LED on the fans and apply the setting. Everything is fine but then after shutting the PC down it seems to reset back to just red led colour on the fans. So the issue seems to be LED setting reset all the time, it actually happens without even resetting.

The next BIG issue is, the led seem to just turn off for about 15 seconds and the fans shut down and it starts back up, usually forgetting the led setting. The issue is that when it does this during playing a game, it seem to cause stuttering in the game and after 15 seconds it all good again.

This is exhibited on two cards now. I have updated the to the latest software and its still the same and used the card in a different PC and it does the same thing.

There needs to be a boycott of gigabyte hardware for releasing such a badly made card.

is anyone else getting anything similar to this?

I can’t say this happend to mine thing that annoyed me was the black screens I was gettin and the thermals were terrible this has put me if gigabyte stuff now .

Associate
Hello all,

Just to make sure, can you confirm you are using the latest card BIOS, RGB Fusion 2.0 for the RGB and the very latest version of RGB Engine? Links below for the software below, check your exact model for the new BIOS.

https://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/512/download.html

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N208TAORUS-X-11GC#support-dl-utility

I flashed a BIOS on the 16th November 2018. I have just downloaded the latest one 2019/02/25. My card is F3 however when I run the program it says "This BIOS version does not match"

I have tried both the H and P and all HDMI ports.

* I even downloaded the Aorus engine thing, that said no update. I have deactivated all LED and do not run any gigabyte software *

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Associate
I flashed a BIOS on the 16th November 2018. I have just downloaded the latest one 2019/02/25. My card is F3 however when I run the program it says "This BIOS version does not match"

I have tried both the H and P and all HDMI ports.

* I even downloaded the Aorus engine thing, that said no update. I have deactivated all LED and do not run any gigabyte software *

Any ideas?

What's the exact model of card you have, can you also provide the serial number and I will check with my HQ why the BIOS update is not working.

Associate
What's the exact model of card you have, can you also provide the serial number and I will check with my HQ why the BIOS update is not working.

Aorus Extreme 2080ti.

Description PNPDeviceID
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1E07&SUBSYS_37BC1458&REV_A1\4&F5DCEB0&0&0008

Here is a dump on gpu-z of my card if that helps https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/205700/205700

Thanks

OcUK Staff
Just to add my two cents, I recently purchased a 'B-Grade' 2080Ti Aorus Extreme, despite hearing the bad reviews and problems with reliability. Happy to say that I've been using it for a few weeks now with the Feb 25th firmware and it's been spot on. Max temp was approx 70 degrees running overclocked at 3440 x 1440 on Ultra settings 100FPS constant on Division 2 (the only thing I've been playing tbh) with a power draw of around 600W from my Asus ROG Thor 1200W, that's running with an overclocked 7920X @ 4.7GHz. Noise from it is fine, about the same dBa as my case fans (Evolv X), so it's not really noticeable at all. Heat disappation seems good too, and zero lockups/problems thus far. Looks like the problems are solved for the most part. Happy with my purchase, plus it looks absolutely fantastic (even if I just set it to White LED :))

Associate
Just to add my two cents, I recently purchased a 'B-Grade' 2080Ti Aorus Extreme, despite hearing the bad reviews and problems with reliability. Happy to say that I've been using it for a few weeks now with the Feb 25th firmware and it's been spot on. Max temp was approx 70 degrees running overclocked at 3440 x 1440 on Ultra settings 100FPS constant on Division 2 (the only thing I've been playing tbh) with a power draw of around 600W from my Asus ROG Thor 1200W, that's running with an overclocked 7920X @ 4.7GHz. Noise from it is fine, about the same dBa as my case fans (Evolv X), so it's not really noticeable at all. Heat disappation seems good too, and zero lockups/problems thus far. Looks like the problems are solved for the most part. Happy with my purchase, plus it looks absolutely fantastic (even if I just set it to White LED :))

Yeah mine seems to be fine now, not had a crash in weeks. I run +110 core, +110 power limit and +100 voltage. Mine get upto about 82c like this. If I run the max power limit it gets closer to 86c! I have plenty of fans so it must be the card.

I keep thinking of rigging up a fan to hang and blow on the back plate. Not sure it would even help though.

Any ideas why the Feb firmware would not work with my card? @GIGA-Man either has not looked into it or just is never on here lol

Associate
Hey all,

It's possible the card has Samsung memory, it could be why the firmware didn't work. There is a second thread on here about just that, I am chasing for a firmware update for the cards with the other memory type.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey all,

It's possible the card has Samsung memory, it could be why the firmware didn't work. There is a second thread on here about just that, I am chasing for a firmware update for the cards with the other memory type.

@GIGA-Man No my card has Micron according to GPU-Z. I think as scubes said all of us 'early adopters' are on Micron.

Associate
Wrong they have micron ram that’s according to CPU’z.

Very strange, if the card is not the version which has Samsung memory the BIOS update should work fine. When you try and install the BIOS do you get any error messages, for example does it ask you to close the AORUS Engine to update the BIOS?

Back
Top Bottom