I feel like I'm... done with gaming?

Associate
feel your pain OP,

best i can muster these days is a quick 20-30 mins of xbox and in fairness dont think thats been on since xmas :(
lost the will to game

always have been a huge fan of football manager and looking at steam

Football Manager 09 417 hours
Football Manager 10 653 hours
Football Manager 11 1188 hours
Football Manager 12 682 hours
Football Manager 13 572 hours
Football Manager 14 388 hours
Football Manager 15 285 hours
Football Manager 16 425 hours
Football Manager 17 116 hours
Football Manager 18 8 hours
Football Manager 19 Not even bought it

Football Manager 09 322 hours
Football Manager 10 236 hours
Football Manager 11 794 hours
Football Manager 12 863 hours
Football Manager 13 884 hours
Football Manager 14 799 hours
Football Manager 15 520 hours
Football Manager 16 113 hours
Football Manager 17 89 hours
Football Manager 18 8 hours
Football Manager 19 12 hours

also on the decline so know how that feels

Soldato
I've hit the wall again, ZERO drive to play games for the last 2 weeks. I want to, but just can't seem to want to actually play anything, Sekiro was awesome but stopped playing it and need to go back and pick it up. Other than that, I'm just craving a game like Skyrim, but not Skyrim. I need something relaxed, huge open world, skills, spells, weapons, armour, LOOOOOT. But nothing is tickling my fancy at all :(

Associate
I've hit the wall again, ZERO drive to play games for the last 2 weeks. I want to, but just can't seem to want to actually play anything, Sekiro was awesome but stopped playing it and need to go back and pick it up. Other than that, I'm just craving a game like Skyrim, but not Skyrim. I need something relaxed, huge open world, skills, spells, weapons, armour, LOOOOOT. But nothing is tickling my fancy at all :(
Div 2 has the loot etc but obviously no spells. It is a lot of fun as a looter shooter if you fancy that sort of thing.

Soldato
Have you looked at Outward ? It has all of the above and so does ELEX if you not played that already ?

Underboss

Tried Kingdom Come Deliverance?

Soldato
Have you looked at Outward ? It has all of the above and so does ELEX if you not played that already ?

I've been looking at that, but it's got a lot of negativity surrounding some aspects I find really important, world population and feeling, sound and combat...

That's a shame. However I can see why you might feel that way about it.

The world becomes much more dynamic and engaging at world tier 1, but that is a lot of gameplay to go through to get there.

I might pick it up again but everytime I do, I play for an hour, do repeated missions and then sign off. I bet it would be a LOT more fun if in a group, but I don't have any mates that are interested.

Tried Kingdom Come Deliverance?

Got this when it was released, loved it, but kind of fizzled out.

Soldato
Go back to Sekiro, I finished it two days ago and it was really good. A patch lands today with some Prosthetics/items rebalancing and fixes.
You were so hyped about that, would be a shame to drop it:p

Frankly, I didn't play anything else until I finished it, not even RDR2 or Tekken. Already started NG+ but will take it slow.

I'm surprised I completed it, games take me ages to finish with how little I play:p

Associate
i haven't been playing much for months and was questioning if i needed to even replace my GPU that died a few weeks back, however i got The Division 2 and have really been enjoying it over the last week, on a constant quest for better loot and rare weapons.

Soldato
I would say I'm not 'done' with gaming but I'm probably at the stage in my life where I'm done with learning new games especially complicated that require hours to master. These days I tend to stick to what I know as I don't have the patients to learn the in's outs of a city building simulator even though when I was school games like Sim City and Sim City 2000 were personal favorites of mine. X4 is a game that 10 years ago I would have been all over but now I just don't want to know. I'm rubbish at online shooters (been playing Ring of Elysium for two weeks and I can count all my PvP kills on one hand) as my responses times just aren't there anymore.

Greed and exploitation has also drained my interest in gaming, loot boxes/creates etc rub me the wrong way, I feel so bad for young gamers today. I remember buying Unreal Tournament and Star Wars Jedi Academy back in the day and being able to install countless mods and player made maps, can you imagine EA ever allowing this for any of the Star Wars or Battlefield games?

Soldato
Apex Legends has got me back playing again. Takes me back to the CS/AG days, just playing for the fun of it. I'm not that great at FPSes, but it's mostly a tactical game, making smart decisions about where to move and when to engage/disengage enemy squads.

I like I can just drop into it for half an hour, enjoy a chunk of game, log off. Nothing to 'complete', no objectives, just enjoy the game.

Soldato
OP

Yeah, I'm starting to get this feeling again, too. I got in a lot of fun gaming between about November and earlier this month, but currently feeling a bit "meh" about Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Not that there's anything wrong with the game, the experience just isn't firing anything in me and it's feeling a bit hollow. It passes 30 minutes or so if I've really got nothing else to do, but nothing more. Barely 90 minutes played in the past week.

Maybe I'm gamed out after a fairly intense Xmas. I also wonder if I just find it hard to get into anything new after a Dark Souls stint. Last couple of times I had a lull was after finishing with a DS game - Dark Souls III DLC and NG+ this time. If Dark Souls IV were to be released tomorrow I'd sink a hundred hours or more into it and be completely absorbed, but I'm not getting the motivation for anything else.

Might have to give Sekiro a go, but I'm not convinced it'll grab me the same (plus it's still full price and I do have a very large backlog of games I currently don't want to play...)

Soldato
Yeah, I'm starting to get this feeling again, too. I got in a lot of fun gaming between about November and earlier this month, but currently feeling a bit "meh" about Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Not that there's anything wrong with the game, the experience just isn't firing anything in me and it's feeling a bit hollow. It passes 30 minutes or so if I've really got nothing else to do, but nothing more. Barely 90 minutes played in the past week.

Maybe I'm gamed out after a fairly intense Xmas. I also wonder if I just find it hard to get into anything new after a Dark Souls stint. Last couple of times I had a lull was after finishing with a DS game - Dark Souls III DLC and NG+ this time. If Dark Souls IV were to be released tomorrow I'd sink a hundred hours or more into it and be completely absorbed, but I'm not getting the motivation for anything else.

Might have to give Sekiro a go, but I'm not convinced it'll grab me the same (plus it's still full price and I do have a very large backlog of games I currently don't want to play...)

I gamed for a solid few hours last night, only playing Overwatch. Jumped into a quick game, spoke to this chick, she friended me and we grouped up, then my wife joined and grouped up with us and then another dude. We had a right blast trying to do the challenges and messing around. I think I need more gaming buddies.

Associate
I think everyone goes through a stage where they just cant be bothered or feel like they want to play but dont, i think even more so when you are late 20' and above. I tend to go through phases of playing loads, bits here and there and nothing.

Soldato
I am just about to turn 56 years young, and only in the last year or so i have felt like not playing so much, hot weather and summer coming wont help either, when i do game its usually autumn/winter anyway, i still get the urge where i will game for like 8 hours straight, but thats rare now, back in the day, i would sometimes game from friday to sunday without hardly sleeping :)

Soldato
I am just about to turn 56 years young, and only in the last year or so i have felt like not playing so much, hot weather and summer coming wont help either, when i do game its usually autumn/winter anyway, i still get the urge where i will game for like 8 hours straight, but thats rare now, back in the day, i would sometimes game from friday to sunday without hardly sleeping :)
True, if I get into a game of Total War or Civilization I could easily sink 6 to 8 hours a day.

Back
Top Bottom