• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
try this, take mem to 1200 set core voltage to 1.500mv set power to +6% and let the core boost itself, some times it will boost higher on its own. and your temps should be lower.

1.5v are you sure? Is this a typo? If I set mine to a voltage it will generally work to that voltage no matter the speed, bringing the temps up guaranteed. At that voltage I can’t imagine considering the heat at 1200mv+

Associate
try this, take mem to 1200 set core voltage to 1.500mv set power to +6% and let the core boost itself, some times it will boost higher on its own. and your temps should be lower.

Yeah boosts around 1900.. if I set 1950mhz 1100mV (1080mV stock) boosts to around 1988. I'll set like this and that's it. Too much headache for now. Thanks for trying to help!

Associate
How many people have fitted the alphacool block? I've not attached mine yet and just received an email stating there can be an issue with certain board manufacturers. For those that have it installed which brand do you have?

Associate
How many people have fitted the alphacool block? I've not attached mine yet and just received an email stating there can be an issue with certain board manufacturers. For those that have it installed which brand do you have?

Just received the same email.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

thank you for your order from us and your interest in our products.

Unfortunately, we have found that various manufacturers use components with different heights. In the attached photo you can determine which component it is.

Before mounting, please ensure that the component does not exceed a height of 1.85 mm. If the component is higher, we ask you not to mount the cooler as it can lead to a defect of your hardware.

If the component is larger than 1.85mm, please contact us.

V4CitoR.jpg

Soldato
I quoted the whole email so no. On the day mine is out for delivery too. Wish I'd bought EK or Bykski instead.
But surely this problem affects EK and Bykski too?

If board partners are using non-reference components on their reference boards, everybody who's made a block based on the reference design is going to fall foul of this.

Associate
I quoted the whole email so no. On the day mine is out for delivery too. Wish I'd bought EK or Bykski instead.

It's worrying but it's probably worth noting a few things:

1. EK and Bykski blocks likely suffer the same problem. The companies measure the height of the PCB components to ensure a snug block fit. They probably only have one sample to go from.

2. Realistically, if you've fitted the block and it's working there's a 99% chance that you have nothing to worry about. A taller chip would cause damage during the installation process and not gradually develop over time.

Back
Top Bottom