Poll: ** The official Apple TV 4K thread (the 2021 model has a new remote and everything!) **

Are you buying the 4K Apple TV?

• Yes

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • No

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Not at the moment, maybe later

Votes: 55 33.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
The remote is awful, stops working a lot of the time or becomes really slow. And the trackpad is terrible. Hate it. Use the app on my phone instead.

It's only the 4K remote that seems to be bad, every other Apple TV from the first up until the 4th generation have all been fine, it's just the 4K model
I found this too. I stopped using it and just use the TVs one now.

Soldato
Thinking about getting the 4k tv box (32gb), I use my TV internal apps currently, but I only get DD 5.1 over optical and I have an issue with sound dropouts on the TV netflix app.

Just a few questions

Can I get DTSHD, DDTHD, DD+ with this box if I connect into my soundbar (ysp2700)

Also does anyone use this box with a series 6 LG OLED, I have a B6 just wondered what best settings to use as I know DV is limited to 30hz on the series 6 LGs.

Thanks

Soldato
You cannot get HD audio the best is DD 5.1 or Dolby Atmos.

I use mine with my B6 and have no issues. DV works great although I have no idea what I have it set to something like auto switch to source material or something. Will check when I next use it....

I don’t get any sound drop outs on my B6 using internal apps and ARC to my ysp2700 ?

Soldato
You cannot get HD audio the best is DD 5.1 or Dolby Atmos.

I use mine with my B6 and have no issues. DV works great although I have no idea what I have it set to something like auto switch to source material or something. Will check when I next use it....

I don’t get any sound drop outs on my B6 using internal apps and ARC to my ysp2700 ?

Thanks, what about DD+

Anyway no big deal on the sound formats, as for the sound dropouts on the internal netflix app, it is rare and I've never been able to fix it unless I used stereo sound, but having the apple box I won't need to worry.

Soldato
Thanks, what about DD+

Anyway no big deal on the sound formats, as for the sound dropouts on the internal netflix app, it is rare and I've never been able to fix it unless I used stereo sound, but having the apple box I won't need to worry.

It does these...

HE-AAC (V1), AAC (up to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (up to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF and WAV; AC‑3 (Dolby Digital 5.1), E-AC‑3 (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound) and Dolby Atmos.

Soldato
I’m using the latest version which is 05.30.55

Not had any issues. Any reason you have not updated ?

The B6 suffers from raised blacks with the newer firmwares, hard to see unless you really test for it but it is there and you need to be in a complete pitch dark environment to spot it, noticeable more so in HDR content. Its a separate issue from the Dolby vision raised blacks that effected all LG OLEDS.

How is your aptv connected straight to TV or via receiver?

Thanks again

Last edited:
Soldato
Not noticed anything myself and watch a lot with HDR and Dolby Vision never in a completely dark room though. I’m not going to look for it.... lol

It’s connected directly to the TV and use ARC for audio...

Soldato
Not noticed anything myself and watch a lot with HDR and Dolby Vision never in a completely dark room though. I’m not going to look for it.... lol

It’s connected directly to the TV and use ARC for audio...

Thats good then, as you don't want to look for it and if you don't watch in a pitch dark room you will never see it anyway.

If you don't mind what video settings do you use on the APTV 4K?

Back
Top Bottom