TV Placement ideas in living room.

Caporegime
Double lol. Paisley is a great town with great people. Also, Glasgow, Inverclyde and Dundee are all far worse for drugs than Paisley is.

it was kind of said in jest. i know full well there are good and bad parts of paisley. i went to school there in Gallowhill. Played football at ferguslie park for the best part of a decade. My family also own several properties there.

it's mainly a dump though. the high street is completely dead thanks to braehead and silverburn.

Soldato
OP
it was kind of said in jest. i know full well there are good and bad parts of paisley. i went to school there in Gallowhill. Played football at ferguslie park for the best part of a decade. My family also own several properties there.

it's mainly a dump though. the high street is completely dead thanks to braehead and silverburn.

All scottish high streets are dead

Caporegime
All scottish high streets are dead

a lot of them are but it depends on the area.

west end is thriving, jordanhill, broomhill, bearsden and also kirkintilloch is okay. paisley is ghost town.

byres road is booming. paisley has been desolated due to the nearby shopping centres with free parking. it's a double whammy. better shops, plenty of car spaces for free.

even cumbernauld town centre has more going for it than paisley which is shocking.

Soldato
OP
a lot of them are but it depends on the area.

west end is thriving, jordanhill, broomhill, bearsden and also kirkintilloch is okay. paisley is ghost town.

byres road is booming. paisley has been desolated due to the nearby shopping centres with free parking. it's a double whammy. better shops, plenty of car spaces for free.

even cumbernauld town centre has more going for it than paisley which is shocking.

I meant regular high street towns, Falkirk, Paisley, Greenock etc, west end isnt really a high street. That being said, Paisley benefits from Braehead as its under the catchment of renfrewshire so while its taken a lot of business from Paisley, Paisley itself still benefits from it. Anyway a bit off topic :p

Soldato
I inherited that sofa :o

It's not the sofa you need to worry about, it's the carpet ;)

l think overall, it's a decent location - the only reason you'd probably want to change it is to perhaps reduce glare and add speakers, but if you move the door further up, it won't be an issue :) It'll also stop people walking through the viewing area if you move the TV towards the dining room

Soldato
OP
It's not the sofa you need to worry about, it's the carpet ;)

l think overall, it's a decent location - the only reason you'd probably want to change it is to perhaps reduce glare and add speakers, but if you move the door further up, it won't be an issue :) It'll also stop people walking through the viewing area if you move the TV towards the dining room

I only just got that carpet put in :p

Soldato
I'd probably have the tv in the left window corner @30degrees to the window, to reduce reflections, and break the corner sofa into two units, placed opposite
then you don't have the door, annoyingly in the viewing field watching tv, and can watch from dining room.

Soldato
OP
I'd probably have the tv in the left window corner @30degrees to the window, to reduce reflections, and break the corner sofa into two units, placed opposite
then you don't have the door, annoyingly in the viewing field watching tv, and can watch from dining room.

That's a thought... Corner sofa wont break but im looking at replacing it shortly anyway.

Caporegime
reflections is a major issue on all tv's these days.

place it away from light coming in from windows. otherwise get blackout blinds, etc.

it's a huge annoyance of mine especially in summer. i'm thinking of moving my room set up again because it didn't suffer from reflections before.

Associate
*** Please keep this on topic - leave personal comments about Mark's terrible taste in furniture and the state of Scotland alone - Stelly ;) ***
Hilarious comment here, if this is only a ban on commenting on his furniture and Scotland can I talk about letterboxes!?

Would it be feasible to have the TV at the other end of the room next to the dining room? This would then allow placement of the corner sofa actually in the corner which would be much easier/neater and would free up the rest of the room between the dining room and the sofa - currently that looks like a pointless space and presumably you would want to allow a route from the hall, into the living room to the dining room. If the concern is watching TV from the dining room, just use recording/catch up services.

Soldato
OP
Hilarious comment here, if this is only a ban on commenting on his furniture and Scotland can I talk about letterboxes!?

Would it be feasible to have the TV at the other end of the room next to the dining room? This would then allow placement of the corner sofa actually in the corner which would be much easier/neater and would free up the rest of the room between the dining room and the sofa - currently that looks like a pointless space and presumably you would want to allow a route from the hall, into the living room to the dining room. If the concern is watching TV from the dining room, just use recording/catch up services.

I tried it there but it didnt fit with my current couch. I think i need to take the plunge and get the door moved.

Back
Top Bottom