• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Delays GTX 1650 Reviews by Withholding Drivers

Soldato
So to summarise guru3d it's over priced shock horror.

Honestly nvidea need to work on there pricing for lower cards any one getting this over a 570 or used 580 is daft

Soldato
Nvidea is way off with is naming, marketing and pricing all together right now.

Being honest whilst I have a 1070 I have it due to where used to work so got a great discount if not I'd be running amd

Problem is it sells so well nvidea have zero reason to change any of these complaints, I really want amd to knock them down a few pegs!

Soldato
Anybody with a current gen Nvidia GPU are supporting them 100% and are encouraging Nvidia to keep the prices high for next gen. That's an awful lot of people so I cant see the situation improving.

Although if it also encourages more people to buy AMD to balance out the market, I fully support Nvidia's high prices :D

Soldato
The 1660 and 1660ti are pretty good products EXCEPT a little pricey, but perform well and totally force the Rx580/Rx590 to either drop in price or become irrelevant.

This 1650 though, is very much a turd It just artifically props up the pricing tier at the low to mid end.

Last edited:
Soldato
QFT, it's only if you need a low power card you'd opt for this over an RX 570, in the US the RX 570 4GB start at $129, and $139 for 8GB this GTX 1650 is $149+
Agree on the low power, the rx570 was a better deal when the games bundle was active. Shame Navi is Mia.

just edited for previous post for my overuse of the word pretty !

Soldato
if you want a low power card at 1080p, a 1030 is perfect, really low power usage, and if you don't smash it with AA it'll play whatever you throw at it at playable framerates, for £80 it's brill

Associate
Just on the low power aspect, both Steves have so far only tested 1650s with a 6 pin power connecter and 95w requirement, so those specific cards don't even have the advantage of just being powered of the PCIe slot. It looks likely the 75w ones would be even further behind the rx 570 :(

Associate
Anybody with a current gen Nvidia GPU are supporting them 100% and are encouraging Nvidia to keep the prices high for next gen. That's an awful lot of people so I cant see the situation improving.

Although if it also encourages more people to buy AMD to balance out the market, I fully support Nvidia's high prices :D

Unfortunately most people only really know of Nvidia, I cant imagine the market will be balanced out anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom