Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Man of Honour
Indeed it is subjective. I have/had both and felt the MuSo was much more refined, detailed and had a better sound stage. Zeppelin was great when it arrived, I bought one on release day years back (the store demo model!), but the game has moved on since then I feel and I had the latest model too. Ears are the best test we can agree and it's not half as good either.

Soldato
Bought some literature

IMG-0065.jpg

Caporegime
Ultimately, sound is subjective.

It doesn’t have to be quite as subjective as it (rather deliberately) is at the moment. There has been plenty of research and objective testing carried out re: what makes a good speaker and objective tests/measurements manufacturers could use.

There are clear vested interests in not doing so and plenty of businesses reliant on sighted reviews, audio press describing stuff like wine snobs and relying on brand names/price brackets etc..

Maybe I’m being a bit cynical.

Man of Honour
Not sure I can say as OcUK sell stands? I can highly recommend it, very strong, well made, cable management etc. Not cheap but I didn't want to buy something and end up having to buy again afterwards.

Caporegime
It doesn’t have to be quite as subjective as it (rather deliberately) is at the moment. There has been plenty of research and objective testing carried out re: what makes a good speaker and objective tests/measurements manufacturers could use.

There are clear vested interests in not doing so and plenty of businesses reliant on sighted reviews, audio press describing stuff like wine snobs and relying on brand names/price brackets etc..

Maybe I’m being a bit cynical.

Rendement.

This one word, translated from Dutch, means efficiency. It was taught to me by a man named Klaas Tuinman, and the first three letters of his name, coupled with the first two letters of his colleague's name, Renee Wolleswinkel, formed their business name, Klare. I first stepped in to this little messy, scruffy, unorganised wreck of a shop when I was about 15. Two of my mates worked for The Stage Company, who did the acoustics for the Heineken Music Hall at the time, which was widely regarded as having some of the best acoustics in the world. These two introduced me to Klare, which marked a turning point in my life in terms of acoustic appreciation.

You see, these two men also owned a boat, and during the autumn / winter months they'd shut their shop, travel around the world, and come back to open in Spring / Summer with all the latest goodies they found, and I'm yet to find anyone with a finer, more honed ear for perfect acoustics than these two, and it all revolved around that one word: Rendement.

These guys used to build speakers from scratch which would embarrass all the highest end kit for a fraction of the price. They were very passionate about what they did and if you walked in and said "I want a pair of £50k speakers" they'd build them, and put a £5k price tag on them and send you on your way.

They knew every type of insulation, every shape of speaker, type of wood, every wire, every solder, and their filters looked like works of art. It sounds like something from a fairy tale but these weren't business men, they were artisans in their trade and were extremely humble about it.

They taught me a lot these two old duffers, and one thing I learned is that price on speakers is irrelevant, you can achieve the same or better sound quality for a fraction of the price if you know what you're doing.

I can only hope to have their level of dedication, passion and knowledge about something one day.

I just looked them up and although they've moved, they're still at it. Their website reflects their business model. Scruffy, crap looking, unorganized and inefficient, but the quality of their products is on a level I'm yet to see matched.

https://www.klare.nl/index.htm

Back
Top Bottom