Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I can't see Daenerys or Jon dying when they have only just revealed his true identity, there's more to that storyline imo. I also think the Hound will survive so that Cleganebowl can finally happen, and I think Jaime and Cersei will be fine for now so that they can have some sort of showdown. I think Theon, Brienne, Tormund, Beric, Jorah, Grey Worm and Edd are all goners, plus I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of Samwell and Gilly die. I've no idea about the likes or Tyrion, Ser Davos or Varys.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

How so? Doesn't it just show Vary's reacting to some sound? Not sure it confirms any dead rising the in Crypts.
The HBO end of episode feature showed extra footage of episode 3.

a major character saying that “the dead are already here” right after a shot of the crypt

Caporegime
The HBO end of episode feature showed extra footage of episode 3.

a major character saying that “the dead are already here” right after a shot of the crypt

Ah it is plausible.

I mean that line "the dead area already here" could certainly be interpreted that way, though it could also be reading a bit too much into it and just be a line of dialogue from those two having an argument and the point being made that there is a more important matter etc...

It isn't after a shot of the crypt though, that shot immediately before of Jon drawing a sword isn't in the Crypt if you look closely there is snow falling, that scene could be the Godswood given the trees in the background and where Bran is due to be located, ditto to the shot immediately before it of Theon drawing a bow with a flaming arrow.

Associate
Does anyone know why Gilly and the non-fighting members of Winterfell haven't been sent south? Seems a bit odd that no one has suggested they leave considering that there is a slaughter coming. They are not trapped there like they have been in previous battles.

I would have thought that Sam would have sent Gilly back to his homeland at Horn Hill along with little Sam. She could have been given the Tarly sword to prove who she was. I'm sure Varys would have been happy to accompany them all - he should be itching to get out of Winterfell as soon as possible considering what's about to happen. He's more than capable of playing it off as a 'diplomatic visit to the south to gather support'.

Caporegime
Does anyone know why Gilly and the non-fighting members of Winterfell haven't been sent south? Seems a bit odd that no one has suggested they leave considering that there is a slaughter coming. They are not trapped there like they have been in previous battles.

I would have thought that Sam would have sent Gilly back to his homeland at Horn Hill along with little Sam. She could have been given the Tarly sword to prove who she was. I'm sure Varys would have been happy to accompany them all - he should be itching to get out of Winterfell as soon as possible considering what's about to happen. He's more than capable of playing it off as a 'diplomatic visit to the south to gather support'.
What they’ve had to prepare for is huge. I’d imagine the women have important roles to play too in domestic stuff, helping keep a huge number of soldiers fed and watered.

Soldato
Being "real world cynical" for a minute, the troops may fight harder knowing they have to protect the wife and kids rather than thinking about retreating or, for the non-soldiers, fleeing if the wife and kids were 200 miles away safe!

Associate

i'm guessing that they won't be trapped and that the Crypt has some secret exit away from the castle

Soldato
Also, being a bit morbid but the women and children will die anyway if the living lose at Winterfell, because the dead will keep on marching south and Cersei won't take in people from the north, she'd have them executed or leave them outside the walls for the white walkers. It might buy them a bit more time but ultimately it would be a bit pointless.

Soldato
I watched a YT video (which I now can’t find) that discusses the history of the House Stark and their potential links to the WW and the NK.

In the books at least, the dead in the crypt have an iron longsword across their laps to keep evil spirits at bay.

The YT video suggests that rather than keeping evil spirits out, the iron swords are actually keeping the dead in.

Obviously the TV show hasn’t kept entirely true to the books, but if the dead do rise in the crypt it would seem to go directly against the above.

Permabanned
I can't really see how there can be a retreat from winterfell to kings landing... They wouldn't be able to outrun the army of dead, an enemy that supposedly ''never tires". Only resolution I can see is that the battle of winterfell is won but at great loss with the majority of the troops killed. I fully expect the twist that the NK has taken his dragon and maybe a few WW to KL where he will ultimately be defeated by Cerci (wildfire) potentially with the help of Dani or Jon showing up on a dragon. No idea how they will get the non-dragon riding characters that survive Winterfell back to KL to wrap up Cerci's death and the mountain/hound plot so maybe all characters have to retreat to Dragonstone via ships etc.

Permabanned
^ Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Night King wins this battle, with several named characters dying and others fleeing south. However, I prefer the theory that this battle is a diversion and the NK is heading south.

Associate
I always thought that the dead in the crypt at Winterfell were either bones or interred ashes. The way that they always refer to Ned bringing back Lyanna's bones rather than her body, and Lady Dustin bitter about her husband's horse being returned but not his bones.

Of course, if the whole body is interred in the crypt then the cold temperatures would likely preserve the corpse... I've just managed to talk myself onto the fence of my own theory.

Permabanned
If this was the case, why isn't Bran warging ravens around and noticing it?

Same reason Jon needed information from Tormund and Beric etc. as to when the army of dead would arrive. Bran should know exactly where they are at all times.... He may know NK isn't there but just hasn't told anyone.

Back
Top Bottom