rainfall shower head query

Soldato
Hi

Our new build has a standard shower head and a rainfall shower head which you switch between.

I've never used a rainfall shower head before and assumed they didn't have as much pressure as a shower but still had enough to make streams of water and just spread the water over a wider area.

Ours when i have tried it seemed to be drops, much like rain.

It may seem stupid but is this working correctly?

i'm asking a stupid question because i have seen showers that only have a rainfall head on them, it must give a shocking shower if it is only a raindrop type shower.

Soldato
No should definitely have some power to it. Won't give you the massage feeling like a normal smaller head, but should feel a lot more relaxing and widespread that it's easier to clean yourself with. Can you grab a video at all?

Soldato
OP
No should definitely have some power to it. Won't give you the massage feeling like a normal smaller head, but should feel a lot more relaxing and widespread that it's easier to clean yourself with. Can you grab a video at all?

i will take one tomorrow and post.

Soldato
Hi utajoker,

Yeah that is awful pressure. I know it can be a chore to ask, but are you friendly with any of your neighbors yet so you could ask how theirs is or to possibly check it out. Even your smaller shower head the pressure on that should be a lot more powerful.

Do you know what kind of system you have? Was the video running on the set temperature? If so, how is it if you turn it down to cold, is it the same?

How about the taps in the kitchen as well and how long roughly to fill a bath up?

Soldato
judging by the video looks like there is some kind of pressure limiter on the rain-fall,
it's pressure didn't drop when the small head was turned on, if both are calling on same hot/cold water mix;
rain-fall could have had that extra water when the small is off ?

Soldato
Unscrew the rainforest head and check there isn't a removeable waterflow restrictor built into it. Although the pressure is that low it looks to me like there's something in the pipe.

Soldato
That looks more like a blockage than a pressure issue... Low pressure would be continual run with no omph.

As suggested would unscrew head and see what comes out of the spout firstly.

Back
Top Bottom