DELL S2719DGF Owners Thread

Associate
Probably best TN monitor on the market.Colors are amazing but my have low gamma from the box and buttprint.
I thinking RMA monitor but when i'm see the colors in the games RMA postponed :D

Do you see that "buttprint" pattern with your eyes? From the pic I can see a gold shimmer to the left and right, meaning you were probably too close to the monitor to take a fair picture of the screen, as TN panels have a gold "glow" when viewing them at extreme angles, which can happen if your eyes (or camera!) are too close.

Associate
Do you see that "buttprint" pattern with your eyes? From the pic I can see a gold shimmer to the left and right, meaning you were probably too close to the monitor to take a fair picture of the screen, as TN panels have a gold "glow" when viewing them at extreme angles, which can happen if your eyes (or camera!) are too close.
Yes i see buttprint but gold "glow" not.Left and right looks like clouding white light.I have backlight bleed only at the top of the monitor and can only be seen in the total darkness.

Associate
If you can see the BLB while actually using the monitor I'd consider exchanging it.
I had a second 2719DGF which had bleed along both top and bottom, meaning it would be obvious when watching letterbox content or playing dark games.
These monitors don't go "dark dark" as it is so obvious bleed along the top and bottom can be distracting!

Certainly consider bias lighting if you frequently use the monitor, or indeed any TN or IPS in a very dark room, it'll improve the perception of contrast, and your eyes will thank you!

Associate
Still really enjoying this monitor but came across my 1st issue/problem today.
Basically monitor has been running beautifully at the 155hz overclock mode and freesync/gsync on.
Today I was playing Apex Legends fine, close the game down, leave the computer running, come back like 30mins later and the computer is in sleep mode, wake it up and the monitor had reverted back to 60hz and would not even show the option for 155hz in Nvidia control panel.
So I restarted the pc and the option was there so I select it but it would instantly revert back to 60hz.
The only way I have managed to make it work is to turn of the overclock and just run it at 144hz instead.
Not a big problem but just wondered if anyone else has had the same issue?

Associate
After a long journey were I tried many different brands with AOC 1440p ~144hz IPS/TN panels, I pulled the trigger on the S2719DGF and got it yesterday - but sent it back immediately :/.

Here my summary in short:

pros:
- plain design (I really love the clean 'not-gaming' design)

neutral:
- the stand was a bit shaky when you press the menu buttons.

cons:
- washed out colours
- color calibration
- a bit of color banding
- backlight bleeding on the top and the bottom
- brightness and contrast were very low
- black levels are more grey'ish

I've compared the Dell S2719DGF (left) with the Asus PG258Q (right) with 100% brightness

https://imgur.com/a/vRj72xA

cheers

Last edited:
Associate
Finally bit the bullet and ordered me one of these monitors from Dell. Been after a 1440p 144hz monitor for ages.

Am hoping I get a good one, never bothered with much calibration before so will be trying some of the things mentioned in this thread.

Now I have an extra excuse to upgrade my graphics card and cpu to power it.

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
i would've sent that back in all honesty. think i got lucky as i have literally zero bleed whatsoever.

Associate
i would've sent that back in all honesty. think i got lucky as i have literally zero bleed whatsoever.
In my country this is not subject to warranty but it's a much better condition than the first 10 days.Buttprint is history and BLB top and down also.

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
few guys on here that have it are nvidia users too and have no issues with freesync as far as i'm aware. personally i wouldn't pay the premium for gsync but thats me.

Back
Top Bottom