Please recommend me headset for gaming

Associate
Hi all,

I would like to get a new headset, I had a Razer Chroma kraken, which if i was honest I didn't like.

Why? it made my ears hurt mostly, the clamping onto my large head was rather uncomfortable and the bass was just too much, even turned down.

I am looking for a headset, ideally usb that is not too clampy and comfortable for longer gaming sessions

noise cancelling is not essential, if not preferred. i like to hear what is around me and cloth material seems to allow longer sessions without moist ears. although is not essential.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of something suitable for me?

Associate
I have the Corsair Void Pro Wireless and there is a USB version available and it actually surprised me as to how good they are, I tend to use studio headphones like the Beyerdynamic DT1990s so they don't get much use but the sound was pretty good and the mic sounded clear and not distorted or nasally sounding.

Soldato
I use the Logitech G933 wireless headset.

Awesome. And currently down on price the now..

I swapped my 933 for a steelseries Arctic 7. For me the logitech was just too cumbersome and heavy over long periods. The Arctic 7 is a lot more comfortable.

Both sound good for games and movies though (the Arctic is much better if you ever plan on listening to any music).

Soldato
i'm going to be purchasing some arctis pro wireless headphones next week. They are pricey but seem good from all i have read.

They are wireless with swappable batteries so no down time.

Associate
I would advise looking for a good quality headset with large, false leather earcups.
Personally have a Razer Kracken 7.1 V2 Oval, the ear cups have some sort of "cooling gel" in them which helps with the overheating issue you mentioned.

Have also heard many good things about the Sennheiser One.

Out of interest is it the old Kracken or the Pro versions?

Last edited:
Soldato
I use the Logitech G933 wireless headset.

Awesome. And currently down on price the now..

I have no end of problems with the mic (need to constantly play around with the mute feature), and wont show up in the LGS software when I turn it on.

Battery, barely a full day, kind of what most wireless modern headsets allow, but it annoys me.

They make great mice, but their headsets... put me off. Software / drivers issues mostly.

And they don't seem to be able or willing to fix them. So, would not recommend.

Hope you have better luck with yours.

Soldato
I have no end of problems with the mic (need to constantly play around with the mute feature), and wont show up in the LGS software when I turn it on.

Battery, barely a full day, kind of what most wireless modern headsets allow, but it annoys me.

They make great mice, but their headsets... put me off. Software / drivers issues mostly.

And they don't seem to be able or willing to fix them. So, would not recommend.

Hope you have better luck with yours.

Man, sorry to hear that.

I have had a good experience with them in the 4-5 months i have had them.

Soldato
I found the battery life on the g933 to be pretty poor. I always had RGB off and would get about 6 hours out of it. I've use my Arctis 7 for about 12-14 hours and I still have half the battery left.

Associate
I would steer well wide of "Gaming" headsets.

Get yourself a pair of DT770s they are £89 currently
They are miles ahead of anything gaming wise;. Only drawback is no mic but i don't talk to people so YMMV. You can purchase a clip on mod mic for £20-30

They really come alive with a DAC though.

I bought the K3 Fiio to pair with them and they are worth every penny.

I've owned almost every gaming headset out there too.

Comfort wise the DT770s are great they clamp your bonce just right and not too tight. As for the ear cushions they can get a bit warm as they are material based but you can purchase leather cooling gel type ones.

Can't say my ears have ever sweated using them though.

Caporegime
beyer dt 770 pros. nothing really close soundwise in that area. there is a reason why most professional audio people use them. logitech headsets waste of time the software is garbage. support is to.

Soldato
Get yourself a pair of DT770s they are £89 currently
beyer dt 770 pros.

Been eyeballing these a few times recently and they look ideal for what I want on paper - something for when I want closed rather than the complete lack of isolation I have with my HD555s. Which OHM set would you recommend, 80 OHM seems the sensible middle ground - unless the 250s sound much better?

Soldato
Been eyeballing these a few times recently and they look ideal for what I want on paper - something for when I want closed rather than the complete lack of isolation I have with my HD555s. Which OHM set would you recommend, 80 OHM seems the sensible middle ground - unless the 250s sound much better?
DT770 uses same drivers as DT990 which I have and 250 ohms wouldn't be problem for any decent sound card.
Those simply don't draw high current and are actually at most average load.
60 something ohm AKGs would be heavier loads.

But 80 ohm DT770 has straight cables, which is better for reaching to back of PC than coiled cable of 250 ohm version.

Associate
Yeah most def 80s the bass is awesome on them wears down after the cushions bed in to your ear shape etc incase you don't like it too thumpy. I love them.

A sound card will drive them fine if you don't want to fork out for a DAC just yet. But they do come alive with one. Not to say they sound bad through the sound card though.

Back
Top Bottom