Total War: Warhammer 2

Associate
RTR was great and so was RTR extended realism, I think it was called. They no longer work for me though, always crashes on entering the game after selecting a faction to play.

I think there's a version 8 now and mods, so maybe look in to that, otherwise there are a few other games I enjoy that you might want to look at: https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/321410/Command_Modern_Air__Naval_Operations_WOTY/ , https://store.steampowered.com/app/544610/Battlestar_Galactica_Deadlock/ , Ultimate General: Civil War - https://store.steampowered.com/app/502520/Ultimate_General_Civil_War/ .

Last edited:
Caporegime
The Skaven are now horrendously overpowered, especially when playing as Ikit Klaw and his multiple doomweapons and chain lightning spam. It is horribly imbalanced.

Lizardmen got a terrible updaate in comparison to Skaven, the Slann are still **** and the new building tree changes are just mind-bogglingly bad. So many units hidden behind Tier 3/4 pointless additional buildings.

CA really are not doing the best they can do with their design decisions and the effort they put into fixing things and that is very disappointing.

Sometimes I get the feeling that this game wilwl only really be worth playing when TWW3 and all of the DLC is released so that it is mature, stable and people (modders) can focus on polishing it and making it the best it can be.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am feeling the pain with the building changes for Lizardmen.

I am going to try and save my current war (turn 45) by making some web tweaks and take a couple of key settlements but I might need to re-start.

That said, I am really enjoying the quality of the game overall, a big warhammer fan who discovers this game will probably have a nerdgasm upon first playthough.

Soldato
am on turn 115 for Cult Of Sotek.

yep its hard. Currently battling on 3 fronts, Chaos decided to turn up with 5 20 unit armies just as i was finishing off the Vampire coast. Some of these capital cities are hard to take but wow what a boost you get when you take them over.

Soldato
managed to finish off the cult of sotek campaign - took 300 turns. it was fun enough but their playstyle is a bit too simplistic for me.

started a new campaign as vampire counts, am at turn 100 and having more fun due to the greater variety of units and you have to adapt your playstyle significantly in comparison to dwarfs and lizards. very little trade comes in and there are little things you need to learn.

Public order becomes a real problem that you need to actively manage.

it was a rough 70 odd turns, I was getting hurt from all sides and then Helman Ghorst turned up to bolster my offence, once i had levelled the guy up he turned into one man massacre machine laying waste to everything and anything.

....and wow, raising the dead, what an ability to have. Murder my entire army? no problem, in two turns I will be back with a full 20 unit army and full HP to kick your teeth in.

I have to say that I am really happy with the state of the game going into part 3, there is such a rich roster of heros and armies to choose from, you can't go wrong.

I am going to leave 'Da Boyz and Chaos play-throughs until last because I expect there will be significant changes and upgrades for the final Chaos focused chapter. Including possibly - the Chaos Dwarves ?

Caporegime
managed to finish off the cult of sotek campaign - took 300 turns. it was fun enough but their playstyle is a bit too simplistic for me.

started a new campaign as vampire counts, am at turn 100 and having more fun due to the greater variety of units and you have to adapt your playstyle significantly in comparison to dwarfs and lizards. very little trade comes in and there are little things you need to learn.

Public order becomes a real problem that you need to actively manage.

it was a rough 70 odd turns, I was getting hurt from all sides and then Helman Ghorst turned up to bolster my offence, once i had levelled the guy up he turned into one man massacre machine laying waste to everything and anything.

....and wow, raising the dead, what an ability to have. Murder my entire army? no problem, in two turns I will be back with a full 20 unit army and full HP to kick your teeth in.

For me, Vampire Counts are the most fun to play in the entire game. With the re-work a couple of months ago it added so much cool stuff and they now feel very polished and satisfying. Kemmlers startpos is also really good fun and puts you in the thick of things.

I have to say that I am really happy with the state of the game going into part 3, there is such a rich roster of heroes and armies to choose from, you can't go wrong.

I am going to leave 'Da Boyz and Chaos play-throughs until last because I expect there will be significant changes and upgrades for the final Chaos focused chapter. Including possibly - the Chaos Dwarves ?
Game 3 will see a significant rework of Empire, Greenskins and Chaos. Chaos Dwarves and Ogres will also feature and an expanded Kislev may well make an appearence.

Soldato
Stick with WH imo. So much variety and this is from a non WH fan. The game is fantastic but I have to say that I download a mod to stop the tiresome and relentless Chaos invasions. They are so unnecessary and make the game so much longer.

Soldato
Managed to take the central island as Elven with confederating but now I keep being hit from many sides constantly by Dreadfleet, pirates, chaos and a few other factions so am finding it hard to progress any further. I feel like I have spent the last 50 turns doing very little other than improving income and public order.

Soldato
Managed to take the central island as Elven with confederating but now I keep being hit from many sides constantly by Dreadfleet, pirates, chaos and a few other factions so am finding it hard to progress any further. I feel like I have spent the last 50 turns doing very little other than improving income and public order.

Perhaps consider a no chaos invasion mod. I got sick of spending all my time fending off large Chaos stacks and doing nothing much else. I understand that Chaos invasions are TW lore, but from a TW style game it just prolongs the campaigns almost indefinitely.

Soldato
Perhaps consider a no chaos invasion mod. I got sick of spending all my time fending off large Chaos stacks and doing nothing much else. I understand that Chaos invasions are TW lore, but from a TW style game it just prolongs the campaigns almost indefinitely.

It wouldn't bother me even if there were lulls between them but there really doesn't seem to be, they just keep appearing and it's stopping me from moving on.

Caporegime
I prefer TW1 to be honest. The campaign is far smoother and turns take a few seconds. TW2 is way too bloated for my liking.
Ironically I also found the WH1 campaign far superior in the way it was structured and how the Chaos invasion flowed down.

It's why I really wish that they would release a campaign map editor to make custom campaign maps... but I doubt they ever will for licensing reasons. :(

Associate
Stick to Vortex if you want a better campaign flow in TW2, I agree Mortal Empires can feel bloated but I don't mind that for the flexibility it gives your play through having so much variety of encounters.

Soldato
It wouldn't bother me even if there were lulls between them but there really doesn't seem to be, they just keep appearing and it's stopping me from moving on.

Same, if they had an adjustable slider for Chaos invasions ranging from Benign ==> Total pain in the butt then that would be cool, because it is kinda fun fighting their armies in small doses, but that will never happen.

Associate
Just started playing this again and have sunk about 60 hours on the vampire pirates and new skaven pack without even noticing. Pirates was really good fun and I loved the ol Bess cannon. I found the skaven more tricky against lizardmen as often had to go round with 2 stacks. Doom rockets great fun. As has been said variety is so good in this game still have not played any of the even races yet

Soldato
Completed my first playthrough with (goes into character) "...the 'True' Von Carstein", it was a very enjoyable experience, raise Dead is about as laughably OP as it comes. Late game against Brettonia/Empire/Wood Elves Calvary is a real PITA though.

Just doing a Skaven campaign after the DLC to see what the fuss is about. Am really enjoying it.

Great game.

Back
Top Bottom