Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
It sounds like Cersei's plan is to use her army to mop-up after the battle at Winterfell. It may be that the NK heads straight south and she ends up fighting the battle for the north? As far as I can remember we have only seen one dead walker in the south, the one they took to show Cersei. As such we don't know how well they actually do in the warm? I know the long winters go on for years, but do they extend that far south?

Have to agree, there were some very dark scenes, my ole 1080p LCD was struggling a bit. Dunno if local dimming helps, like you get on the newer stuff.

Unfortunately, I heard Kit Harrington joking about filming 55 night shoots in a row, so I suspect we have more dark scenes to come:(
Sorry to be pedantic, but that wasn’t a walker they showed Cersei, it was a wight.

A walker would have really scared the crap out of her. They all look about 7ft tall and as menacing as it comes.

Soldato
At least OLED owners are in for a treat next episode with the fantastic black levels that their TVs can reproduce and they like to go on about at every opportunity.
Hardly, the bitrate for Game of Thrones broadcasts has always been atrocious. So dark scenes look pretty bad on a lot of OLED TVs as it just highlights the crap feed. Can’t wait for this as a 4k UHD Blu-ray boxset though :)

Soldato
Hardly, the bitrate for Game of Thrones broadcasts has always been atrocious. So dark scenes look pretty bad on a lot of OLED TVs as it just highlights the crap feed. Can’t wait for this as a 4k UHD Blu-ray boxset though :)

Yeah I noticed this in the most recent episode in the scene where they were all crowded round the fire talking. There was some pretty bad artifacting in the dark parts of the picture above the fireplace. I wish they'd air Game of Thrones in 4k.

Permabanned
Think it would be a bit cheesy having dead, recognisable characters rock up as wights.
Yeah I noticed this in the most recent episode in the scene where they were all crowded round the fire talking. There was some pretty bad artifacting in the dark parts of the picture above the fireplace. I wish they'd air Game of Thrones in 4k.

4k can still look terrible, much worse than good quality 1080p.

Soldato
Disagree entirely, from a story perspective so much happened it is insane :D

But all pretty minor shuffling, there wasn't even a big event story wise just lots of little ones (if there was a big one it didn't stick anyway :p)

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it well enough but felt like a staging episode for the next one as opposed to something unique.

Soldato
Yeah the whole fight episode will be a bit of a mess I imagine, dark scene wise. Unsure why they can’t air a better feed when they do for other shows. It was filmed in 4k too, so why no option to have that as a separate download if not airable.

Associate
Yeah the whole fight episode will be a bit of a mess I imagine, dark scene wise. Unsure why they can’t air a better feed when they do for other shows. It was filmed in 4k too, so why no option to have that as a separate download if not airable.
I'd hazard a guess that in the near future when it all starts to die down a bit, they'll release them in 4K to keep people interested and try and grab a some newbies to the GoT world.

Soldato
Wondering if any of the known dead (in the north obv) will make a appearance during the upcoming battle, thinking Stannis, Hodor and Summer, i dont recall anyone going back to burn them.

Never mind those, there should be hordes of dead for the NK to resurrect. All those who died when Theon took Winterfell, those that Ramsay flayed (they'd be freaking looking wights), everyone from the BotB, etc. The image of a few mass graves opening to unleash hordes of wights could be unsettling for the defenders.

Unless I've forgotten when they burned all the corpses.

Caporegime
Never mind those, there should be hordes of dead for the NK to resurrect. All those who died when Theon took Winterfell, those that Ramsay flayed (they'd be freaking looking wights), everyone from the BotB, etc. The image of a few mass graves opening to unleash hordes of wights could be unsettling for the defenders.

Unless I've forgotten when they burned all the corpses.
Wun Wun would be an awesome wight.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Cersei has royally shafted herself with the Iron Bank....

Season 1 and Tywin was going on about how the crown is 10,000,000 gold in debt. He’s also building them up to be pretty formidable.

In the same season Tyrion tells Bronn that if they didn’t pay, then the bank would end up funding their enemies in one way or another. Enemies we now know to be Dany and/or Jon.

The Iron Bank also know that Dany is hardly going to want to repay 10,000,000 gold if she gets the throne so it’s a catch 22... they’re lending money to the Lannister’s knowing it’s never coming back but they’re keeping them in power.

UNTIL.... Cersei goes and repays the debt in full. Now the Iron Bank has no allegiance to the Lannister’s, Dany can assume the throne without the bank nagging her for a payment they’ll never get.

Cersei would have been better off asking them to fund her until she’s in control of the Seven kingdoms and then repaid. As it stands, I see the bank leaving her high and dry in the near future.

Great video and full explanation here;

Soldato
This is what I think will happen in some form:

The battle will start. The dead will be initially be winning and in will come Cersei with her army to save the day.

Of course expect twists. :p

Some what similar to how Gandalf turns up to save the day in LOTR.

Soldato
But all pretty minor shuffling, there wasn't even a big event story wise just lots of little ones (if there was a big one it didn't stick anyway :p)

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it well enough but felt like a staging episode for the next one as opposed to something unique.

I'd say Dany learning that Jon is actually her nephew was brilliant, especially the way they saved jon from having to continue that conversation at the end, allowing dany enough time to think about her next steps. and Brienne finally achieveing her life-long goal was amazing.

Back
Top Bottom