Poll: Apple iPad Pro

Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
I'm considering upgrading my iPad Air 2 to the 11" iPad Pro.

My iPad Air 2 is in an Apple Leather Smart Case. I'd ideally like a similar case to this for the iPad Pro as I'm not keen on the Smart Folio Case, as it leaves the corners exposed and I don't want to risk scuffing or damaging it.

Anyone able to recommend a suitable case?

Soldato
I've gone through 4 cases for my 12.9" and finally found a good one that offers all round protection. This one has raised edges by a few mm so the lid doesn't rest on the glass. So no more stripe effects on the display surface. Since the case is flexible, the ipad easily slips into it without due force. Lastly you get full all round protection around those gentle edges.

The Stylus slot is a tad annoying I admit especially if you intend not to use one. I'll be getting mine in a few months.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07LCZGXS7

Apple have used very soft aluminium on the Pro's (probably 6xxx grade) compared to normal and older iPads and mine has 3 tiny marks on the edges already despite me taking superb care of all my devices. My now dead Pixel C was way more robust than this that's for sure.

I can take some pix of the case tomorrow if you need.

Soldato
Been a long time since I've owned an iPad, and a while now since anything Apple, but I've just purchased an 11" Pro. It'll be working well within itself with a mixture of browsing, reading and streaming, but likely be a purchase of a pencil in the near future.

Any big new standout apps worth taking a look at?

Associate
Anyone looking a case / keyboard for their IPad Pro should look at the Zagg Slimbook Go. I bought mine via eBay from the states and it is a fantastic case / keyboard.

Soldato
It's a good move for power users, but it's almost certainly one of those features that people have been crying about for years but will be used by <1% of their user base.

I would even put money on it.

My step mum is a complete computer noob and would have used this years ago on her ipad. Every soccer mom and their dog has a DSLR these days and it's been a pain to get photos from a camera onto an iPad for yonks.

Soldato
Picked up an iPad pro 256gb space grey today got some discount on it so got it for £770, had a search for cases and it seems the Otterbox Symmetry 360 is a good case as well as the Zugu Muse, don't need a keyboard, has anyone got one of these cases?

Soldato
Purchased the Otterbox symmetry 360 after checking reviews, very pleased with it.

Do you lot use screen protectors on your pros?

I think the 12.2 update fixed the touch issues people were having with glass protectors.

I'm using an 'ESR Screen Protector for iPad Pro 11' from the Rainforest. Comes with a frame which makes aligning the glass with the tablet really easy. No touch issues and it's been on for 3 months.

Soldato
I wouldn't mind trying them matte screen protectors actually, I know they don't other as good protection as the glass ones but I have the apple pencil now and a paper like screen might be nice for drawing and offer a little screen protection.

The Paperlike make screen covers are expensive though, is anyone using a matte screen protector that they can recommend?

Associate
I took the plunge and got the Paperlike ones, was really worried as I always struggle to fit these flexible protectors without getting loads of bubbles but it went on really well. I prefer both the feel with using fingers as well as using the pencil for note taking. Does make a big difference to how the screen looks but I don't tend to watch videos on it much and it's fine for reading and the apps I use.

RJC

RJC

Don
The max res on YouTube for iPad is 1080p.

I have never been able to watch higher than this, when I looked around it was a something to do with the app and Google.

Back
Top Bottom