The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
Think we are currently full in "OCUK Two", however we do need to kick some inactive players! May have a spot tonight.

(Though imo the Clan system doesnt really add much to the game, other than a tiny bit of chat now and again).

Ah, that's fair enough. I guess other than the weekly cache rewards that's all I can think of benefit wise.

Associate
It's funny, I must have had at least 15+ high end D50s at this point, already have the liberty so no real need for them. I got all the Chatterbox materials first time opening the boxes as well.

I've run the trade center mission on challenging maybe 40-50 times and haven't had a Merciless yet :D

I've even seen videos of people getting them on their first attempt, painful how RNG works sometimes!

Merciless dropped for me 1st time on the Grand Washington Hotel mission from the boss on the Rooftop Terrace/Bar area. I had run Trade Centre a bunch of times before that. RNG sucks sometimes.

Still no sign of a D50 however, have a couple of the parts for the Nemesis now (just two more weeks worth) and with the Raid delayed I should have it before then.

I'm basing my build on AR and MMR damage + Headshot damage along with Unstoppable Force as main boost. With Unstoppable Force, my MK16 is hitting normal HS's for 78k on elites with 100k crit HS, but think I can get this a bit higher. My Bolt action Sniper is 480k HS with Unstoppable Force and 520k crit. I haven't quite got a Para SVD I'm happy with yet as the one I have kicks like a mule and the Bolt action is pipping my current Para SVD for raw DPS.

Shawrey

Underboss

Is a good starter if you can get past how annoying the guy is. I do not PvP so have changed his build to suit my play style in PvE.

I have stacked armour and health with +LMG damage and Wep damage. No skill power.
I got a good mask with +40 damage to elites.

I use the talent on knee pads to give Armour regen while behind cover.

I currently can solo level 4 control points and I am not that young anymore so have not got the reaction times I used to have. This build lets me solo a lot of content with a lazy play style.

Thank you for that, I will check out the video.

Associate
Is anyone using DX12? I tried it but the FPS isn't any higher than DX11 and the framerate seems less stable.

I'm going to go back to DX11 for now but I thought DX12 was supposed to give improved frames?

Associate
Ah cool, its a pain trying to get those perfect items! Currently doing about 600-650 with LMG build vs elite on the range. Could still use a few better items. :(

i wouldnt read too much into dps from the range, especially when your hitting the head

its going to be a lot lower vs an actual enemy

jpm

jpm

Associate
Is anyone using DX12? I tried it but the FPS isn't any higher than DX11 and the framerate seems less stable.

I'm going to go back to DX11 for now but I thought DX12 was supposed to give improved frames?

DX12 performance is loads better than DX11 for me, I say a good 20fps - 30fps and much smoother.

DX11 performance for me is like what you're getting with 12.

Soldato
the clan vendor seems better now.

Its offering me equipment much better then I have and with better gear score.

In my opinion based on what I understand, I expect DX12 to help when you gpu bound, and DX11 to help when you cpu bound (on nvidia gpu).

Associate
"Weekly maintenance will approximately last 2 hours today. We're applying a fix that should decrease the boot and loading times for the PC client, which appeared after the April 16th patch."

lets hope they fix it without breaking something else :D

EDIT : nevermind nothing changed

same here. boot and loading times are as they were and i haven't noticed any improvement.

Associate
i'm confused by the recalibration station. I get that you can only transfer a talent from a similar item. So, if you want to change a talent on on a chest piece you can only take that talent from another chest piece.

But, let's say you have 10 chest pieces in your inventory and one of those has the talent you want to transfer to your main chest piece. When i select the main chest piece in the recalibration station, it will only display 2 or 3 chest pieces options i can take a talent from and not all 10.

So it seems that even similar items, like chest pieces, have to be of a particular brand or compatible with your main chest piece in order to transfer talents? And the same applies to other gear aswell. The gear needs to be of the same type AND 'compatible' with your main piece?

is that correct? or is it that the item must be a similar item AND the talent needs to be of the same type - either offensive, defensive or utlity?: https://www.invenglobal.com/article...f-all-gear-weapon-talents-and-recommendations you can only swap an offensive talent for another offensive talent? or a utility talent for another utility talent?

same goes for weapons. So, to swap a talent on a sniper rifle, you need another sniper rifle AND that rifle has to have a talent of the same type (active, passive or equipped and holstered)?

Last edited:
Associate
Yup talents must be of the same type, same with attributes, you cant swap a red for a yellow, for example, otherwise ppl would just stack 3 damage talents on everything I guess.

Soldato
I hit tier 5 a while ago and have been doing missions (on challenging) to unlock the strongholds. I'm not finding gear above 490, am I doing something wrong? My crafting bench has a range that goes up to 490 but I must have crafted 20+ guns, none ever hit above 470.

Associate
I didn't realize how lucrative bounties were for specialization points, I cleared all of the black tusk and challenging bounties I had and must have accumulated a good 45 points, including a few from leveling up.

Back
Top Bottom