good rpgs

Associate
on the look for a new open world rpg

I have loved and played typical ones
-witcher
-mass effect
-skyrim
-fallouts

after something I can sink a load of time, I have recently been going through esport game phase which I'm now bored of.

Soldato
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance is best new RPG, immersive and well written

- Elex is awesome is you like exploration and don't mind lower production values

- Vampyr is fun for some atmospheric 1918 London action

- Red Dead Redemption 2 is not full blown RPG, but is one of the best games ever

Associate
I'm not particularly into Star Wars but I still really enjoyed Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2.
There's a few good gameplay extending mods for them and the base games can be found pretty cheap.

Soldato
I put 150 hours into Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

or check out the Tales or Trails ports as they were pretty good run from Falcom.
KoA was a surprise gem for me. Strange story but fun. KoTOR is amazing and worth playing if you haven't played it.

The Fable games are good too if you want something light hearted and don't mind something a little dated.

Red Dead Redemption bored the hell of me after about 5 hours. I don't understand why everyone raves about it (and I love GTAV).

Not strictly RPG but Deus Ex: HR if you missed it?

Soldato
Divinity original Sin Enhanced Edition and number 2. Both are absolutely amazing, though quiet different in terms of style to games you listed.

Dragon quest 11, its a JRPG, and normally not a massive fan of them, but that game was great, translated well for English, art style unique and some of the supporting cast were great. Worth a peek and its well packed with content and length.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Baulders gate
Pillars of Eternity

Divinty was ok, Divinty 2 was boring as hell.

Its about time we had a proper ISO rpg set in the future based on the traveller universe :)

Hell expansions could be new planets.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Dull story same old, same old.... GODS n stuff.

Shadow lands wasn't bad just lacked a little polish.

Soldato
I'm playing Divinity Original sin 2 and love it.

I sadly just can't help but read guides.

Try to play it and not read a guide. The decisions you make actually.. make a difference and your role playing choices in regards to powers and play style is amazing.

You can be a necromancing Mage who pours blood at the start of battle following my summoning dead hands to hurt your opponents, then electrify the blood to stun them.

Or you can be a summoner who buffs there demon incarnates from a-far and then summons totems.

OR you can be a necromancing summoner who summons blood incarnates from the pools of blood they summons from the rain.... really the possibilities are endless and on the tactician difficulty, its a very fair but challenging game.

Act 1 and Act 2 were amazing. I've just finished Act 3 and it was pretty empty in comparison. I've heard Act 4 is the same but I'd definitely play this game for the first 2 acts at least.

Back
Top Bottom