Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Soldato
My willpower is weak and I'm not sure I can wait until my Monday booking. The IMAX and 2d screenings at my local are all rammed but there are plenty of 3D seats available. ARGHHHHH. :p

Associate
There is one thing I can let viewers know which isn't really a spoiler:

There is no End Credit sequence of any kind, so you don't have to wait for anything after the film finishes. But... For the Hardcore, there is a super small sound bite right at the very end of the credits.

Caporegime
There is one thing I can let viewers know which isn't really a spoiler:

There is no End Credit sequence of any kind, so you don't have to wait for anything after the film finishes. But... For the Hardcore, there is a super small sound bite right at the very end of the credits.

I read that as the credit rolled and left, there were a LOT of people stayed and probably expecting a scene.

Associate
Just booked my ticket for tomorrow evening in Norwich... Going on my own as my wife has never seen any of the MCU films and would spend the 3 hours asking ridiculous questions.

Associate
So what was the end credit sound bite?? Anyone? Didn't stay myself as the Vue chap cam ein as the credits were rolling and basically told everyone to get out :D

Description: Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang.
Extra description: Came the sound of Hammer on Anvil.
Meddling-Monk: Viewers of the movie will know what that means.

Caporegime
So what was the end credit sound bite?? Anyone? Didn't stay myself as the Vue chap cam ein as the credits were rolling and basically told everyone to get out :D

You hear some sort of iron/metal sound, possibly Tony when he was building the first suit in the desert (I didn't stay to listen).

PS - Professor Hulk was just so good!

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm glad I didn't go for a mid-night showing as that isn't a movie you want to be tired watching!

Immediate thoughts (1 hour after leaving the cinema) is that I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to watching it again on Saturday.
Someone mentioned Kill Bill 1 & 2 and I agree it felt a bit like that. Infinity War is more action heavy, and this is a lot more talky. I've said before that at this point I could watch most of the cast sitting around chatting in character, and the first hour certainly felt like that is what they had done.
I'm interested how it's going to play with the younger fans. My best mate has boys aged 4 and 8 who love these movies but I can't imagine them enjoying this as much.

Pros:
The feels - I felt my eye getting a bit wet at least twice. Once when the resurrected people showed up through the portals and especially with the "Love you 3000" line near the end from Tony. I've had goosebumps before watching some of these movies (Thor: Ragnarok "I'm the goddess of death. What were you the god of again?") (Infinity War - Thors arrival back on Earth) but it's never really upset me before
Thor and the humour in general - The first hour not a lot tickled me, but as soon as Fat "Big Lebowski" Thor was on screen his stuff was absolute Gold. He was the MVP of both Infinity War and End Game, and though I thought he was done with the MCU, him being part of the (As)Guardians of the Galaxy would be so good. That end scene between Quill and Thor absolutely killed me. Also Professor Hulk and Scott Lang in the diner with the selfies was hilarious. And Prof Hulk halfheartedly smashing the taxi roof and throwing the moped :D

Mehs:
I've been called a white knight SJW on this forum before, but I thought literally all the women of the MCU suddenly being their to help Captain Marvel get the Infinity Gauntlet through the hordes in front of her was a bit too on the nose....Captain Marvel kicked arse though.
Scott Lang being retrieved from the Quantum Realm by a rat.

Things I am very unclear on:

1)You can't change the past, but Captain America got to go back for his dance with Peggy and married her...and that doesn't change anything?!
2) Where did Thors hammer come from? Did he take it back from Asgard 2013? And wouldn't that then spew off a timeline where lots of bad things happened because the hammer was missing? (As The Ancient One demonstrated) EDIT - Just realised Captain America likely dropped it back at the exact point it was taken)
3) The 'dusted' people were bought back 5 years on from their deaths, but exactly as they were. That going to be really awkward if your other half really had moved on with their lives and married someone else, or died of natural causes?

9/10 from me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Why did Hulk look so much smaller and less built in this? Yes i get its sort of an amalgamation of the 2 characters but didn't realise that it made him look smaller, maybe it's just me but i thought he looked physically smaller overall. Pretty bummed there was no Hulk vs Thanos rematch, that was one major talking point from the first movie yet they didn't feel it necessary to put them against each other again.

Soldato
1)You can't change the past, but Captain America got to go back for his dance with Peggy and married her...and that doesn't change anything?!

That past was in the different time lines that he fixed, I would assume he did jump back into the MCU time line to have his chat. And then go back to his current one, maybe, which is another reason why he handed over the shield as it didn't belong with him? :D

Caporegime
That past was in the different time lines that he fixed, I would assume he did jump back into the MCU time line to have his chat. And then go back to his current one, maybe, which is another reason why he handed over the shield as it didn't belong with him? :D

That's the problem when you put time travel into a movie, so many "what if, or why didn't they" etc. It's always a point of contention no matter how well they try and write it.

Soldato
That's the problem when you put time travel into a movie, so many "what if, or why didn't they" etc. It's always a point of contention no matter how well they try and write it.

I think they way they did it was the best, nothing was rewritten in their timeline, they just did a mass resurrection of everyone that they could, with only 1 person from another time line that we know now in the MCU time line, with a possibility of 1 other. :)

So 2 time lines were created that couldn't have been fixed by Captain America.

Soldato
Just got back from cinema, honestly I feel a bit disappointed. Good film but infinity war was way better for me.

7/10 - really slow first 2 hours but I guess it had to be that way.

dont like time travel, still don’t like it after watching this. Too many ifs and buts and kind of makes everything pointless. Next baddy they can just time travel and redo everything

Soldato
I have read on IMDB that 'International' showings are putting an intermission in half way through the movie. Is this true you think? Is international on IMDB everywhere NOT the USA? or is international not the EU? where is IMDB based?

Back
Top Bottom