Managed to get back 3200mhz performance "and some on top" with tuning

Soldato
So as some know due to issue with my motherboard secondary dimm slots, I had to drop my 3200CL14 ram to 3000mhz after moving to 32gig 4 dimm config.

I initially got half of the bandwidth back by tuning tref secondary timing but was left at that.

Now after some more tuning, see this.

First what I had with 2 dimms 3200CL14 XMP

cwJPzaB.png

This is with 3000mhz, around same bandwidth but latency is better. Even tho its been pushed harder (lower latency, same bandwidth), its stable. So the board just didnt like the clock speed for some reason.

zXq5ULs.png

I had one single dude on reddit helping me, seems rest of intel community doesnt care, they either just sit on their pretuned ASOS ROG boards, or only care about 4000+mhz configs (oc.net). Ryzen community is much better.

CR1 would have added about 1.5gb/sec reads but I couldnt get it error free on memory stability testing.

For me it was easier to get ram to work to spec on ryzen2 platform, much easier than intel. Aside from having a memory calculator tool, it also just worked on CR1 and with ram above its rated spec. Intel seems more finicky yet a lot of people see it the other way round.

Soldato
OP
After the latency change the cpu kernel time whilst inside vesperia is about 1/3, a significant drop in kernel calls on the cpu. It seems the way windows monitors kernel cpu usage I expect it includes i/o wait cycles.

Back
Top Bottom