A return to form: Say hello to Banana MK2, the Italian Prancing Horse (Ferrari 458 Italia)

OcUK Staff
OP
Arrived 8am yesterday in Swindon and Inwas greeted immediately and given a full tour.

They informed me a passenger air bag recall was on the car and had to also do it that day so they started work promptly.

So they started at 08:30am to do:
- Annual service & health check, free of charge
- Fit supplied spark plugs which took 2-3hrs at £273
- Change our passenger air bag which is dash trim out so not small job. FOC!
- Re-fit Pininfarina badges, FOC!
- Fix rattle on passenger seat. FOC!
- Fix loose dash trim, no doubt done on air bag exchange but done.
- Wash and detail, FOC.

Car was ready at 18:05 in short a solid 9 plus hours work and nothing to pay except the spark plugs as requested and health check was all clean.

They also requested if I am ever wanting to see or get a 488 they want the car back as they now value it at 165k retail due to some increases in price due to spec and seasonal.

Of course a 488 does not interest me though they are now down to around 170k as they are still falling in price and 458’s are holding and some moving up.

But again incredible service, an endless supply of drinks, snacks and they got me lunch too and showed me around the other showrooms and service area. Plenty of pictures on my Instagram and videos so check those on there. :)

Soldato
Arrived 8am yesterday in Swindon and Inwas greeted immediately and given a full tour.

They informed me a passenger air bag recall was on the car and had to also do it that day so they started work promptly.

So they started at 08:30am to do:
- Annual service & health check, free of charge
- Fit supplied spark plugs which took 2-3hrs at £273
- Change our passenger air bag which is dash trim out so not small job. FOC!
- Re-fit Pininfarina badges, FOC!
- Fix rattle on passenger seat. FOC!
- Fix loose dash trim, no doubt done on air bag exchange but done.
- Wash and detail, FOC.

Car was ready at 18:05 in short a solid 9 plus hours work and nothing to pay except the spark plugs as requested and health check was all clean.

They also requested if I am ever wanting to see or get a 488 they want the car back as they now value it at 165k retail due to some increases in price due to spec and seasonal.

Of course a 488 does not interest me though they are now down to around 170k as they are still falling in price and 458’s are holding and some moving up.

But again incredible service, an endless supply of drinks, snacks and they got me lunch too and showed me around the other showrooms and service area. Plenty of pictures on my Instagram and videos so check those on there. :)
Slightly different to you're average main delaer then:p.

Soldato
Sounds very hospitable.

It makes a change from most dealers and must be quite comforting to know yourey being looked after.

*Goes back to browsing R8s and 911s and realises servicr would be the same as an entry car level from said marques* :p

Sgarrista
Commissario
Well today I got my first ride out in the banana :D (Yea I know, weird! But we just havent had our schedules line up / always been going places in 2 cars etc etc).

But jesus that thing is absolutely mental, you would not believe it is a RWD car the way it grips, I could see why if you dont know/trust the drivers ability you might be nervous, but I just loved every moment as I know Gibbo can peddle so just enjoyed how well it takes the corners. That high revving v8 is an absolute masterpiece and you can just feel the power it wants to put out. The noises as well, addictive as hell it has a real low toned growl and ive not heard another car like it before, really is something special.

The launch control was likewise really special, it just feathers it off the line and then BAM, smashes the power in so hard it warps your face.

And the seating! So COMFY. Makes me want to buy a set of your seats Gibbo and fit them in mine!

Epic car dude :D But you already knew that :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Well today I got my first ride out in the banana :D (Yea I know, weird! But we just havent had our schedules line up / always been going places in 2 cars etc etc).

But jesus that thing is absolutely mental, you would not believe it is a RWD car the way it grips, I could see why if you dont know/trust the drivers ability you might be nervous, but I just loved every moment as I know Gibbo can peddle so just enjoyed how well it takes the corners. That high revving v8 is an absolute masterpiece and you can just feel the power it wants to put out. The noises as well, addictive as hell it has a real low toned growl and ive not heard another car like it before, really is something special.

The launch control was likewise really special, it just feathers it off the line and then BAM, smashes the power in so hard it warps your face.

And the seating! So COMFY. Makes me want to buy a set of your seats Gibbo and fit them in mine!

Epic car dude :D But you already knew that :D

Cheers man, the tunnel run. :D

Caporegime
Cheers man, the tunnel run. :D

What a sound! :cool:

Be careful mate the scamera operators have a new tactic around the A50 - including the tunnel - they stand on one of the foot or road bridges with a hand held camera now.

Got quite a few over the last few weeks - I think they’ll hear you coming..... ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
What a sound! :cool:

Be careful mate the scamera operators have a new tactic around the A50 - including the tunnel - they stand on one of the foot or road bridges with a hand held camera now.

Got quite a few over the last few weeks - I think they’ll hear you coming..... ;)

Cheers man, I've seen the camera van on A50 bridge, but I shall bear this in mind, no more tunnel runs.

I am off to Kendrew Barracks Sunday, to do some top speed runs, shall see if I can top 190mph if weather is dry. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
That does sound lovely.

Yep so happy with the noise, yes it could be louder with an exhaust system, but in all honesty I am happy with it and I always put it in wet mode on longer journeys so I can enjoy total silence, must be a sign of getting older.

gotta love the shift lights on the wheel :D

They are superb, you never need to take your eyes of the road. I noticed auto upshift in LC mode which uses inertia shifting actually is shifting around 8750rpm, hence only 4 lights illuminating, but there is a 5th one around 9000rpm. :)

Back
Top Bottom