Have you ever seen someone who looks just like you?

Caporegime
Yes and it was/is freaking bizarre...

When I first moved here to some backwards, backwater Swedish town, I kept bumping into people that started chatting to me in Swedish, which I was really poor at and they kept calling me Fredrick. It was my dad's name incidentally so it made it even weirder.

Long story short, there's a guy here that runs a bike/cycle shop that was the spitting image of me. Same bad haircut, tramps beard 6foot5 tall and overweight, poor sod.

I say was, because after we chance met face to face in his shop, I actually think he freaked out. Now he's had a shave, altered hairstyle and even shed a few KG. I Haven't seen him for a year and I avoid his shop like the plague.

I have always been pretty unique cos of my size but to meet someone, which was honestly like looking in a mirror, is just, tbh it freaked me out too. For them to be in this tiny town too.... Very, very, very odd.

Soldato
Yes, out eyes met across the rails on opposite sides of a station and we both stopped dead in our tracks for a moment before shuffling off awkwardly in opposite directions. I've never seen him again, but it was one of those moments in life where you suddenly wonder if you're in a weird movie. I've just been watching series 1 of Westworld, and there's a scene in there where one of the characters catches sight of 'herself' in a busy town, and I know exactly how she felt.

Of course we might not have looked as alike as I thought, and maybe he was just wondering who the weirdo was, staring at him. But for hours afterwards I wondered about asking my father if he'd, er... ever played away from home.

Man of Honour
As a young man I was compared to Marc Bolan, Jim Morrison, Leo Sayer, Kevin Keegan (that is my real corkscrew hair) and a host of others but the worst one was when Ian Huntley was arrested.
At the time I had shorter hair and it was like looking in a mirror, I was scared to go to work the next day.

dmp01b.jpg

Soldato
OP
As a young man I was compared to Marc Bolan, Jim Morrison, Leo Sayer, Kevin Keegan (that is my real corkscrew hair) and a host of others but the worst one was when Ian Huntley was arrested.
At the time I had shorter hair and it was like looking in a mirror, I was scared to go to work the next day.

dmp01b.jpg

I actually know someone who looks just like you with short hair

Soldato
Yes. There was a photo in an industry magazine which I read. I found out it is a stock photo from a company in the USA.

It pictures a guy asleep at a desk. When I first saw it I thought someone had taken a photo of me napping. Still to this day I can't believe it isn't me.

Back
Top Bottom