Weird issues that I can't quite put my finger on...

Associate
OP
Thank you everyone.

Do you happen to have link to the Samsung driver please? If it is a SATA driver would it still work with my NVMe drives?

What about For my non Samsung adds? Would they still work OK?

I am currently chatting with support from where I got my machine and they are saying that if I update the BIOS the profiles that I have backed up probably won’t work and not to rely on them. They would rather I send the machine back to them for them to do it. Even though I have purchased a 3 year on site warranty.

Thanks again

moley

Soldato
I am currently chatting with support from where I got my machine and they are saying that if I update the BIOS the profiles that I have backed up probably won’t work and not to rely on them. They would rather I send the machine back to them for them to do it.
Yeah, that's why i suggested contacting them - some places rather have the machine back than you tinker. That said - lots of times you send a machine back with this type of ambiguous problem you frequently have a 7 day wait only to receive it back with the exact same problem. :/

Even though I have purchased a 3 year on site warranty.
This i don't understand - why agree to send it back? Did they intimate it was software error?

Did they install the dual boot or you?

Soldato
Fast - flashes the BIOS only.
Intact - will update the INTEL Management Engine too.

EDIT: But both will wipe your settings and profiles. Did the retailer give you the go ahead?

Associate
OP
Hi Plec

I wont be sending it back to them to do the bios update. I went ahead and did it myself with the Intact version selected (this appeared to be the default setting) and the flash appears to have been successful so far. Now to reinstall Windows. Again.

Soldato
went ahead and did it myself with the Intact version selected (this appeared to be the default setting) and the flash appears to have been successful so far.
Yes, sorry should have added it's the default - but nice to have the option. Glad, it's all gone OK. I, tend to clear the CMOS after a flash - but it's probably old school thinking now...

Associate
OP
I’ve got the SSD driver thanks - Samsung NVM Express Driver 3.0. Did you use it for NVMe or SATA drives when it fixed your issue? I’ve left my 2 NVME 970s in and and 2 850 Evo SATA

Windows is now installing. I will let you now how things progress.

Thank you all SOOO much for taking the time to help me out - it is very much appreciated indeed.

I’ll now let you get back to your evening.

Moley

Associate
I’ve got the SSD driver thanks - Samsung NVM Express Driver 3.0. Did you use it for NVMe or SATA drives when it fixed your issue? I’ve left my 2 NVME 970s in and and 2 850 Evo SATA

Windows is now installing. I will let you now how things progress.

Thank you all SOOO much for taking the time to help me out - it is very much appreciated indeed.

I’ll now let you get back to your evening.

Moley

It was a 250GB 970 NVMe drive. I believe the drivers will detect your drives and install appropriately. It's usually the NVMe that causes issues- newer tech. My last mobo had a slot, but needed a Bios update before I could use it!

Back
Top Bottom