*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
BUG1TV5

bZN424r

BUG1TV5.jpg

Hopefully this works

Looks rather smart that! But has confirmed my thoughts - I'm after a deep yellow rather than a neon one.

Soldato
Finished Moonlighter this evening. It was a good time, but balancing issues mean you are earning way to much money by mid way through that it makes upgrading etc really trivial even on hard.

Still, nice art style, great music and the shop system is pretty cool.

Man of Honour
Finished Moonlighter this evening. It was a good time, but balancing issues mean you are earning way to much money by mid way through that it makes upgrading etc really trivial even on hard.

Still, nice art style, great music and the shop system is pretty cool.
That's the same problem that I had with botw.

Soldato
That's the same problem that I had with botw.
Yeah :( one of the main hooks here is to loot the dungeons to sell/use the items found to upgrade so you can go deeper in the dungeon as they get more difficult. Problem is you can pretty much kit yourself out straight away and handle that whole dungeon with ease. 4 in total each with 3 floors.

Still, worth a play if you like this style. But cant see myself returning for the new game plus that they added a while back. There is a content t update due again soon but the notes for it don't sound like it's of much Interest to me now that I'm done.

Next up either Furi or FF7.

Associate
Quick fire question guys, looking for a new game (preferably something in a sale or a cheapy). Ideally it just needs to be fun, can pick up and play quickly.. not an absolute time sink. Open to most things but don't make it totally "out there".

If it helps my library is:
BOTW
Odyssey
MK8
Smash Bros
SMB Deluxe
Let's Go Pikachu
Hollow Knight
Golf Story
Star Dew Valley
Sonic Mania
Guns, Gore and Cannoli 1 & 2

Think that's it, I'm feeling very spontaneous.

Soldato
Quick fire question guys, looking for a new game (preferably something in a sale or a cheapy). Ideally it just needs to be fun, can pick up and play quickly.. not an absolute time sink. Open to most things but don't make it totally "out there".

Katana Zero would be my pick.

I completed it in 8 hours - really fun game, and you can pick up and play if you want (you probably won't, however).

Soldato
Enter the gungeon if you don’t have it! I’ve sank so many hours into it. A run doesn’t usually take longer than an hour max.

Also if you don’t like “bullet hell” games, avoid I guess.

Associate
I have another question.

I'm looking to wall-mount my Switch Dock, however, I do end up working away a fair bit. Am I ok using third-party docks? I know Nintendo gets a bee in their bonnet about these sorts of things.

Associate
Enter the gungeon if you don’t have it! I’ve sank so many hours into it. A run doesn’t usually take longer than an hour max.

Also if you don’t like “bullet hell” games, avoid I guess.

Not against Bullet Hell games, wanting to try something completely different. Right now I'm thinking of a list of games to try so if I don't buy this immediately it will be one I will check out.

Soldato
Is this Metroidvania like?

It's more like a platformer, you don't "go back" as such, not like Hollow Knight. You complete a level and move onto the next one.

I love this game too. I'm only surviving until dungeon 5 at most however, and that's taking me half an hour or so. You must be decent to be lasting that long :)

Soldato
I'm looking to wall-mount my Switch Dock, however, I do end up working away a fair bit. Am I ok using third-party docks? I know Nintendo gets a bee in their bonnet about these sorts of things.

Had heard about bricking on third party docks, not sure how true this is. Worth considering with your purchase...

Soldato
It's more like a platformer, you don't "go back" as such, not like Hollow Knight. You complete a level and move onto the next one.

I love this game too. I'm only surviving until dungeon 5 at most however, and that's taking me half an hour or so. You must be decent to be lasting that long :)

It gets so much better the more stuff you unlock :D also, there’s four secret characters to unlock too. There’s also 4 secret chambers to find, and conquer, as well as the usual five :D there’s so much to discover ! Some of its impossible without a guide though I’d say.. or you’d have to be very lucky.

Edit. With the latest update they added “rainbow run” which gives you a rainbow chest at the start of each floor, which you can pick one item out of (it offers you 8 in total out of one chest, 4 guns and 4 items) the items it offers only come out of the A and S rated item pool too. So it makes for some interesting runs. This mode needs unlocking by finding the hidden character in the gungeon. He can only be found after killing the high dragun in the forge.

Back
Top Bottom