What do you peeps use Quidco for?

Associate
Used Quidco for years, over £4k of cashback now. I use TCB more now, seem to be faster paying on equivalent merchants and more likely to find claims in my favour.

Soldato
I use it quite often. Mostly for small percentages on stuff i'm buying anyway but I always check for anything which involves signing up to a contract (mobile phone, broadband, energy supplier) because there's often large cashback amounts on these.
It's rare that any of my purchases don't track but occasionally the cashback gets declined.

I've got this chrome extension to pop up a reminder any time I visit a site which does quidco:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/quidco-cashback-reminder/elfdpdgmnodokhbiabbcjabmhpdajcog

Soldato
Never buy anything based on the cashback. Treat it as a bonus if it works.

I mainly use TopCashBack rather than Quidco.

I've had over £1,000 back in total with less than £30 that's failed to track.

I would imagine that running ad blocking software, or anything similar, would break the system.

Same. Used to use topcashback when purchasing for the company (a bit naughty I know) and it was a great little piggy bank for PC upgrades :p

Associate
I use it quite often. Mostly for small percentages on stuff i'm buying anyway but I always check for anything which involves signing up to a contract (mobile phone, broadband, energy supplier) because there's often large cashback amounts on these.
It's rare that any of my purchases don't track but occasionally the cashback gets declined.

I've got this chrome extension to pop up a reminder any time I visit a site which does quidco:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/quidco-cashback-reminder/elfdpdgmnodokhbiabbcjabmhpdajcog

Thanks for the link to the extension. It is annoying when you buy something and then realise you've missed out on some cashback. It is surprising some of the websites on cashback sites, ones you think there would be no chance of getting cashback on.

Use both tcb and Quidco.
Think I only ever had a couple of transactions fail to track. A quick email sorted most of them.

Always as previously stated used it as a bonus rather than a guarantee. Think in about 8 years I've amassed cashback of approx £850

Mostly insurance, accomodation and car hire retailers

Soldato
Thanks for the link to the extension. It is annoying when you buy something and then realise you've missed out on some cashback. It is surprising some of the websites on cashback sites, ones you think there would be no chance of getting cashback on.

Yeah annoyingly I've just seen you can get £50 on a 24 month phone contract from EE at Carphone Warehouse. I took my new one out on Friday...balls!

Soldato
I get the occasional fail, including one today from TUI, which i am rightly ****** off about, but most stuff tracking properly, i use it when there is something I want to buy and I find cashback is also available.

y6c5izi.jpg

Soldato
Signed up October last year and got £50 cashback for depositing and spending £10 at Galabingo. I mainly used TopCashBack but it stopped tracking in 2016 via Chrome, no amount of whitelisting or fully turning off adblockers worked so I stopped bothering.

Soldato
I try to use Quidco/TCB every time I make an online purchase and have earned about £2k cashback across the two sites.

I never understand some people's attitude of "treating it as a bonus". Whenever purchasing something I'll compare the after-cashback price and usually go with the cheapest unless the cashback amount is significant but the post-cashback total cost is only marginally cheaper. In 99% of cases the cashback comes through fine - most of the time the cashback simply tracks after the purchase and I receive it a few months later, or occasionally it doesn't track (Hotels.com I'm looking at you) and I have to raise a claim which has always been successful. The one time I recall I didn't receive the cashback was due to the retailer going bust after I made the purchase.

The best result is when you return your purchase but they retailer still pays the cash back :D. This occurs surprisingly often.

I generally prefer TCB - less tracking issues and they allow you to cash out with Avios, often with a bonus as well.

Soldato
I'm at £2084.24 over approx 10 years of usage of Quidco too.

Just having a look I've had to make some claims outwith the typical tracking with a £70 one currently outstanding and sent to Vodafone. It all adds up over the years but the days of the really big cashback deals you used to get on all phone contracts £130-150 is pretty much done. Nowadays it's all very much tiered based on handset, contract cost etc. That used to be the main source of where most of mines came from.

Soldato
I used to use Quidco but switched over to Topcashback as the rates were generally better. I use it for a lot of things. Generally every time I buy something on the internet I check and see if I can get anything back on TCB, hotels, flights, insurance, Just Eat etc. Just checked and I've had £1700 on TCB and £1500 back on Quidco, not bad going.

Associate
A mobile phone deal and a broadband/TV deal at tcb is all ive used but that was the guts of 200 quid which was good, and they paid on time so all good for me.

Back
Top Bottom