NZXT H200 stock fan upgrade

Soldato
Recently built an ITX system and whilst everything is running smoothly, the stock fans are loud whatever the RPM settings.

What do you guys suggest are the best 120mm replacements?

Soldato
Recently built an ITX system and whilst everything is running smoothly, the stock fans are loud whatever the RPM settings.

What do you guys suggest are the best 120mm replacements?

What's your budget is the main question ? Silent powerful fans don't come cheap , £20 a pop

Silent wing 3, noctua and Corsair ML are damn good .
Quietest you can get is bequiets Shadow Wing 2 at 15dB 100% but don't push as much static as the above

Soldato
OP
What's your budget is the main question ? Silent powerful fans don't come cheap , £20 a pop

Silent wing 3, noctua and Corsair ML are damn good .
Quietest you can get is bequiets Shadow Wing 2 at 15dB 100% but don't push as much static as the above

@orbitalwalsh
No budget set on this so looking for top build quality, performance and silence.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
OP
your case can actuall take 2 140mm! quieter and can shift same or more air

silent wing is top performer !
shadow wing slightly behind but cheaper and quieter - quietest fan on the market

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £82.58 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Interesting, didn't know the case could take 140mm. Silent Wings 3 it is then!

Will high speed do the trick? I'm surprised the case didn't come setup with intake fans rather than exhaust?

Soldato
Interesting, didn't know the case could take 140mm. Silent Wings 3 it is then!

Will high speed do the trick? I'm surprised the case didn't come setup with intake fans rather than exhaust?

I run High speed... at 80% and above you can hear them . 28db which isequal STOCK 120mm supplied but vastly better

NZXT AER F120 Case version

Speed: 1200 + 200 RPM
Airflow: 50.42
CFM Noise: 28 dBA
Bearing: Rifle Bearing

Silent wing 140 high speed pwm

- Dimensions (L x W x D), (mm): 140 x 140 x 25
- Fan speed @ 12V 100% (rpm): 1,600
- Airflow @ 12V (cfm, m3/h): 77.57 / 131.79
- Air pressure @ 12V (mm H2O): 2.16
- Noise level @ 12V 100% (dB(A)): 28.1

seems Negative pressure is normally better in nzxt cases, but unlike h500 atx, the H200 has better or more intake vents at both sides. plus they are keeping costs down

Soldato
OP
@orbitalwalsh

I've just checked the case and the rear fans only support 120mm.

All fans you've suggested are on offer elsewhere for the same price, Corsair ML120 Pro's currently selling for £15.99.

Out of the suggestions mentioned above, which would you say are the best for my case setup.

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh

I've just checked the case and the rear fans only support 120mm.

All fans you've suggested are on offer elsewhere for the same price, Corsair ML120 Pro's currently selling for £15.99.

Out of the suggestions mentioned above, which would you say are the best for my case setup.

I as quoting them for the front ! have those in the front and keep the stock in the rear and you'll have slightly more positive airflow case and less dust

want full set up

Total: £68.58 (includes shipping: £8.70)

silent as anything

ML fans are good but loud, 14db vs their 37 at max and 16db at lowest speed

Total: £59.68 (includes shipping: £8.70)

if you can get corsair fans cheaper then great, if you set fan speed to match same sound as stock, they WILL give more airflow and bearing are a much better design then Shadow wings or stock nzxt​

Soldato
OP
@orbitalwalsh - I think replacing the 2 stock fans with 2 be quiet! Silent Wings 3 high speed PWM fans will do the job.

Thanks for the advice, and if needed I'll just grab another 2 later in the year for front intake. The NZXT fans are just terrible in terms of silence!

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh - I think replacing the 2 stock fans with 2 be quiet! Silent Wings 3 high speed PWM fans will do the job.

Thanks for the advice, and if needed I'll just grab another 2 later in the year for front intake. The NZXT fans are just terrible in terms of silence!

no worries , again Shadow wings are quieter and cheaper . Pin mounting system of the Silent wing is very nice!

Soldato
OP
no worries , again Shadow wings are quieter and cheaper . Pin mounting system of the Silent wing is very nice!

Had a browse on PartPicker earlier and noticed the Silent Wings 3 fans in many H200 builds, looks clean and easy. Getting many thumbs up over the Noctua choices and Corsair.

I was originally going to pick the S12A, but the colour is horrible. The chromax versions offer very little in accessories in exchange for colours!

Soldato
Had a browse on PartPicker earlier and noticed the Silent Wings 3 fans in many H200 builds, looks clean and easy. Getting many thumbs up over the Noctua choices and Corsair. Was going to pick the S12A, but the colour is horrible!

down side! and is £10 more

shadow wings are nice but very new ! bearing not as good but designed for case fans more then anything

Soldato
I'll have another browse later and will report back once ordered, don't mind the price premium as I only require 2 for now. So much choice!

personal choice for silence would be between those two . more likely shadow wings for exit and silent wings at the front of the case later on

Associate
I'm now running Silent Wings 3 as a replacement for my stock case fans (1x 140mm and 1x 120mm) and am very pleased with them. They look great as well. I'm using the screw mounting option which due to the rubber lined mounts is much better in terms of vibration than fans than just have a solid plastic screw mounting system.

Soldato
I'm now running Silent Wings 3 as a replacement for my stock case fans (1x 140mm and 1x 120mm) and am very pleased with them. They look great as well. I'm using the screw mounting option which due to the rubber lined mounts is much better in terms of vibration than fans than just have a solid plastic screw mounting system.

nice to hear! :D

can set the speed on them quite hear and hear nothing at all, if its non High speed i leave at 100% if its high speed then around 75%

Associate
Yes they're just the standard version. I have them at about 60% normal to just maintain airflow through the case and they really are silent. They ramp up to 100% with the temperature increase that starting a game creates. Still pretty much silent on full whilst giving more than enough airflow.

Back
Top Bottom