Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Caporegime
Minor nitpick

i know it's a superhero movie and physics and the like don't really apply, but....

When Thanos ship levelled the Avengers compound and nobody even really got injured, I found it a bit ridiculous. Ant-Man was standing by a window and took the full blast of a bomb. He wouldn't have time to react to make himself small

Soldato
Oo oo, one thing I forgot about the effects of the snap in Infinity Wars -

In the past 5 years since the IW snap, some people will have moved on, started new lives and had new families etc and the world itself will have started to adjust to only having 1/2 a population (food, housing, power etc) and now Banner brought all those folks back, well thats going to cause huge problems for billions of people, and all because Stark didn't want to start over with his kid - wow! :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Best moments

Cap vs Cap “I can do this all day!”

Professor Hulk half-heartedly smashing a car in the battle of New York

Ant Mans line about time travel “you mean to tell me that back to the future was all bull ****?”

Thor about to die when Cap picks up Mjolnir :D

Every hero appearing through the magic portals and Wong asking “who else did you want?”

The missed snap and the Tony switcheroo

Every scene with Thor

Worst moments

Captain Marvel deus ex machina I.e. showing up just in the nick of time to save Tony and Nebula

Captain Marvel disappearing after the first act under the line “I’ll be going away for a while”

The speed and ease in which they killed Thanos on titan 2

Unnecessary SJW fight scene / any of the black panther characters

No Luis from ant man (the Mexican dude). I think they missed some good laughs particularly after the reverse snap

Soldato
Just got back from watching it - great end to the current phase imo!

A few minor niggles with the film but the one that got me the most was why didn't they just get the time stone and then deal with all the other stones at their leisure as opposed to replying on the Pym particles/time machine which was limited? (or doesn't the time stone work like that??)

Soldato
Oo oo, one thing I forgot about the effects of the snap in Infinity Wars -

In the past 5 years since the IW snap, some people will have moved on, started new lives and had new families etc and the world itself will have started to adjust to only having 1/2 a population (food, housing, power etc) and now Banner brought all those folks back, well thats going to cause huge problems for billions of people, and all because Stark didn't want to start over with his kid - wow! :D

There would be 5 years worth or resources not used, The water/power etc will still be able to produce the required energy as it will have more people manning the relevant stations. It would be the same apart from families and old age things etc. but lets not let that little bit of reality ruin a perfectly amazing story and run of movies :).

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

@EVH -

RE Thanos - was it not because they caught him off guard, had Marvel and he was injured?
I don’t doubt that but there didn’t seem to be much of a struggle. I put it down to run time and footage being cut but it seemed a bit too easy.

Sam getting the shield was silly. He’s got zero powers and it felt like a middle finger to bucky... particularly as his arc has been about redemption and making amends

Commissario
Thanos had used the glove twice, his body was ruined
He also at that point thought they couldn't do anything (if the bit where Thor lops his head off, and was basically content to just die knowing he'd done what he'd set out to do and the stones were destroyed - he didn't know they could/would get another way to get the stones.

Soldato
It would appear that when people came back they returned to the same spot. What happens to all the folks who were dusted in planes etc :p:p

Soldato
The number I've seen banded about is $850 million for the 4 day "weekend" opening and I can easily see it reaching that which is just stunning if it happens. I'm not sure we'll see another saga like this 22 movie MCU one ever again in living history, especially not one culminating in such a massive smash!

Soldato
Just got back from seeing this. 9/10 for me. The first 2/3rds probably 10/10 every scene was perfectly measured. Last 1/3rd solid 8/10. A truly astonishing achievement to bring so much together so well.

I’m glad we didn’t see too much of superman I really thought they were going to screw the pooch right at the end but actually balanced it nicely. I would have preferred Tony live and Cap die to underpin Caps selflessness. Cap living with Peggy made no sense. Cap and Mjolnir was ace and Thor was utterly brilliant. Great movie so much that was so good and only a few small missteps for me.

Back
Top Bottom