Imperator: Rome (Paradox's Next Grand Strategy Title)

Man of Honour
I want to go to war with someone and it's saying it will cost me 5 tyranny to push the ear through despite having a claim, what's all that about?

You must have done a few conquests in a row in a comparatively short time, a leader who lays claim to something and tries to take it over (Argentina on the Falklands lets say) is one thing , a leader who lays claim to a chain of places over time and tries to take them all over would be a tyrannical leader (Hitler say)

Soldato
I had to get more buddy buddy with other faction leaders it seems.

Had another hour today and I'm enjoying it, feels a little slow at times though. Even on max speed things take a long while.

Soldato
Same stutter I get and it's very annoying. They are going to release a patch in the next few days.

Just finished the tutorial, now to decide who to play my first game as!

Associate
There's a lot effected by the stutter. Unbelievable that they didn't pick up on that before release. Pretty shocking.

Reading some of the posts about it, apparently it was fine in the pre-release versions and this all started with the release day patch. I know it'll get fixed soon enough but it is just super annoying right now

Associate
Reading some of the posts about it, apparently it was fine in the pre-release versions and this all started with the release day patch. I know it'll get fixed soon enough but it is just super annoying right now
I think that may be why my games was playing well, I started the game up before the initial release day patch came out... it started installing the patch when I closed my game.

Just booted up the game again this evening and mine has got a little bit of that stutter as well now, so that patch definitely appears to be part of the cause.
It's annoying but just about bearable for me.

Soldato
I'm still in the tutorial, probably 15mins or so playtime left, but still haven't noticed the stutter, weird :p

Is there a good guide for understanding trade better? Not sure I'm maximizing my income.

Soldato
I'm still in the tutorial, probably 15mins or so playtime left, but still haven't noticed the stutter, weird :p

Is there a good guide for understanding trade better? Not sure I'm maximizing my income.

Try adopting trade policies for your provinces (in Nation overview) this should open up trade routes, if you'e playing as Rome as you expand the trade offers will come flooding in (requests for imports).

Soldato
I found the tutorial kinda frustrating, and that from someone with hundrends of hours in EU4 and CK2.
But I wasn't put off. Took a break, and went back to the game 4h later. By that time was 12:30 am. Suddenly was 6:30am :D

Haven't played much today as is Good Friday and had a lot of things to do. However after Easter Sunday, I will take it properly.

Here is progress with the Irish tribe after 7h on my first game. (still learning things).
Most of it is colonization, and 2 brief wars. Pushing atm to hit civilization level 50 on the capital to become monarchy.
However to do that need around 100-120 pops, to make the marketplace buildings to raise the capital civilization limit to 50. (35 atm)
It all will depend if need to build second granary to feed the population or not.

oTXKsCQ.jpg

General thoughts. The game runs great on both my systems.
PC 8600K (stock speeds) and Vega 64 (Standard Mode)
Laptop 6700HQ and 1060 6GB. Mind though there is some of the stuttering everyone talks about if I set the map mesh mode to 4K with the laptop only. Feels more like Nvidia drivers issue than game issue.

Looking forward for the 1.1 patch next month, as it incorporates the last 2 months worth of features development, that didn't made it to the game due to bugs.

Imho feels like EU4 on release day :D and far far better than CIV6 release or god forbit Total War Rome 2.

FYI I would take some complainers at the official forum with some salt.
There are people trying to play it with AMD A9 and A10s on laptops which they claim are "new".
However AMD A9/10 are bellow minimum spec.

Back
Top Bottom