** Official Days Gone Thread **

Soldato
About 3-4 hours played now and I'm really quite enjoying it. I'm sure it will get repetitive and samey at some point but most open world games do.

I didn't rate rdr2 anywhere near as highly as the critics and other people. It was an 8/10 game at the most for me, using that as a yardstick, given how well crafted the world was and how organic it was I suspect DG probably falls down in that regard. But in terms of gameplay ive had more fun in my first 3-4 hours than I did in the corresponding first stint on rdr2. The melee is satisfying, gunplay is average no worse than rdr2 which was average as well (think it's a function of third person shooters on a controller they just feel clunky). The enemy variety is nice from factions, freakers and wildlife. The story is engaging enough and I like that deacon operates in shades of grey rather than being a good guy.

Solid 8 for me so far, no glaring bugs at all yet, fantastic atmosphere and graphics. I'm sure that score will come down as I encounter the issues flagged in reviews but so far so good.

Argh! Now I'm conflicted! :)

Associate
I'm only a couple of hours in and i'm loving it.
Runs really smooth on the pro, maybe later on the bad performance kicks in or the latest patch might of fixed it.

Soldato
I think there was 3 to choose from. Easy, Normal and Hard.
I've died a good few times on normal.

Yep that's right, I've died twice so far on normal. Both times my fault, you need to use cover as even with one health upgrade (125 health), it doesn't take many bullets to kill you and a couple of freakers will nail you if you don't have a durable melee weapon (I try to avoid using guns with them unless I've scrounged a silencer as it attracts more). I quite like melee tbh, looking for nails to craft a new spiked baseball bat as they were quite durable.

Not my images as stolen from reddit but the attention to detail is really quite good:

Ground textures:

EA6ijYN.jpg

Supressor before/after first shot:

6Ti0sZl.jpg

BC0Y1xN.jpg

srdXBMG.jpg

Argh! Now I'm conflicted! :)

Don't buy it based on my view! Just my personal opinion.

Apparently the HDR is top notch. Or so I’ve read anyway.

It is a very good implementation of HDR.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it one difficulty or do you choose? Is it a reasonable challenge?
I'm finding hard not really hard enough tbh, especially regards sneaking, it's just too easy, although your health when attacked can deplete fairly quick. Apparently there will be a new harder difficulty setting with no HUD or survival vision etc, but not until June. Bit annoyed about that tbh as that should have been on offer right now.

As for the game itself I'm enjoying it, have run in to a few bugs, the main one being I couldn't even select a certain item in my inventory at all, spent several hours without then suddenly I was able to use it again. It runs smooth, looks good and the overall production is quite polished and well done.

At this time I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

Soldato
It's visually great, gameplay is pretty average but there seems to be plenty of it to sink time into. 7-8/10 seems pretty fair to me, it's not a bad game but it'll be forgotten about fairly quickly. I wouldn't buy a PS4 Pro just for this and Spiderman looks pretty great even on the base PS4.

Soldato
I'm tempted to pick this up but holding back due to the low reviews. I loved Horizon Zero Dawn and this looks like that type of game but with zombies!

To go out and grab it now?? hmmm
It does remind me of HZD to the point I keep trying to roll into long grass! But yes it has taken a lot of gameplay elements from it which is no bad thing. It's pretty much HZD's and TLOU's love child.

Soldato
Well, thought I'd pick it up since people are saying it's alright.
(I was just scared of pre-ordering in case it was a broken mess)

About 2 hours in, and I play slooooooowly, just got to my pad.
It feels kinda clunky in places and just (for me) doesn't have a AAA smoothness and fluidity to it, but I'm still enjoying sneaking around, murdering stuff and finding loot and such.
Right now, I feel it's a 7/10.

Soldato
Couple of hours into it, enjoying it.
Graphics are good, gameplay is pretty good also, bike is over sensitive though, but the sound is something else especially wi5 my 7.1 sound bar and subwoofer...

Soldato
Played another couple of hours and i’m now getting the no audio bug. Definitely needs another patch.
Yes I had that a lot at one point, had to completely restart the game to get it back. After a few hours of it it's completely fixed itself though...

Growing rather fond of this game now, quite like how they've done the story and the acting is really decent, really pleased I bought it now.

Back
Top Bottom