Aorus Owner's Lounge

Soldato
Associate
Hopefully a less silly question this time...

Will this fit comfortably in to the second M.2 slot in an Aorus 15 x9?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aorus-rgb-512gb-m.2-pcie-x2-nvme-ssd-solid-state-drive-hd-008-gi.html

The only reason I ask is that it seems to have a decent sized heat sink on it, and I assume there’s limited space inside.

I haven’t received the laptop yet, so can’t look around myself...

im going to have to say no, theres about a 2mm gap between the ssd and the bottom of the laptop and that heatsink is pretty thick. id suggest buying a regular m.2 ssd like one from samsung as theyre very fast. you can buy a 2mm thick thermal pad to lay on top and will be enough to dissipate any heat through the bottom of the laptop.

Associate
hmmmm, so just doing my weekly check to see if theres an aorus fusion update when i saw an update for drivers update, installing it caused drivers update to break.
heres a video: https://gfycat.com/UnlinedMiserlyCranefly
uninstalling it and reinstalling it from the version on the website doesnt fix it.

edit: fixed, turns out the registry was changed by my maintenance program enabling a debugger but never removed it. turns out a lot of exes were affected by it, a manual edit solved the problem.

still waiting to know if we will ever get an update to aorus fusion though. im starting to get worried that support for laptops that use it will be dropped within the next year. i keep trying to contact aorus directly but i never get a response...

Last edited:
Associate
hmmmm, so just doing my weekly check to see if theres an aorus fusion update when i saw an update for drivers update, installing it caused drivers update to break.
heres a video: https://gfycat.com/UnlinedMiserlyCranefly
uninstalling it and reinstalling it from the version on the website doesnt fix it.

edit: fixed, turns out the registry was changed by my maintenance program enabling a debugger but never removed it. turns out a lot of exes were affected by it, a manual edit solved the problem.

still waiting to know if we will ever get an update to aorus fusion though. im starting to get worried that support for laptops that use it will be dropped within the next year. i keep trying to contact aorus directly but i never get a response...

@Atom80

Associate
its been about a year now since i got this laptop, i have been pretty patient. in the past year i have continued to hopefully get some sort of response from aorus on the status of an update.
i ether get no response from aorus via contacting them directly, or asking in here to refer these issues to the team so we could hopefully finally get a fix to a program that just doesnt work properly, but to no avail :/
there used to be an official aorus forum that was pretty active with aorus reps that were semi quick on getting software update requests out for the older laptops but the forum has vanished and now our only call of action is either direct contact or in smaller community forums like this one that happens to have gigabyte/aorus reps.

Associate
Hey everyone - hoping someone can help me out... I damaged the LCD screen on my X7V7 (4k LCD) :mad:. Anyone know the OEM part number? I've read it may be a Sharp display, but I'm not certain... ideally want to either replace with the same part or with one of equal or better quality. Any suggestions would be most welcome!!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hey everyone - hoping someone can help me out... I damaged the LCD screen on my X7V7 (4k LCD) :mad:. Anyone know the OEM part number? I've read it may be a Sharp display, but I'm not certain... ideally want to either replace with the same part or with one of equal or better quality. Any suggestions would be most welcome!!

Hi @GrantI - what damaged has occurred?

Are you now outside of the 2 year warranty period?

If you post your serial number, we can identify the panel for you, and maybe able to supply replacement directly.

Let us know.

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
its been about a year now since i got this laptop, i have been pretty patient. in the past year i have continued to hopefully get some sort of response from aorus on the status of an update.
i ether get no response from aorus via contacting them directly, or asking in here to refer these issues to the team so we could hopefully finally get a fix to a program that just doesnt work properly, but to no avail :/
there used to be an official aorus forum that was pretty active with aorus reps that were semi quick on getting software update requests out for the older laptops but the forum has vanished and now our only call of action is either direct contact or in smaller community forums like this one that happens to have gigabyte/aorus reps.

Hi @Xemnes - can you Trust Message us please - we will endeavour to hook you up directly with one of our R&D tech support chaps so we can sort you out with the answers you need.

Sorry for the delay.

Post on here when Trust message is sent so we can ensure receipt and onward communication.

Thanks,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi @GrantI - what damaged has occurred?

Are you now outside of the 2 year warranty period?

If you post your serial number, we can identify the panel for you, and maybe able to supply replacement directly.

Let us know.

Regards,

Team AORUS
Hi Atom - I’m still in the 2-year warranty. Stupid me, forgot it was 2 and not 1!! There’s a horizontal line of discolouration about 2” long and 1/2” tall in the middle of the screen. Serial #is GHI3C2511A0003.

Should I just book a repair with Mendit?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom - I’m still in the 2-year warranty. Stupid me, forgot it was 2 and not 1!! There’s a horizontal line of discolouration about 2” long and 1/2” tall in the middle of the screen. Serial #is GHI3C2511A0003.

Should I just book a repair with Mendit?

Hi @GrantI - yes, it would be rude to not utilise the warranty we provide for you.

Should be a repair that we can support under the terms of the warranty, so please book in with Mendit, and let us know if you need any further support / guidance at this stage.

GIGABYTE Authorised Service Partner
Address: MendIT Ltd Unit 1 Magnesium Court Burnley Bridge Industrial Estate Burnley Lancashire England BB12 7BF
Technical Support: 0844 244 9999
Email: [email protected]

Regards,

Team AORUS

Hello all,
I am new here and I believe that this is my first post here.
I love my Aorus X5 V6 (when it works), but it really grinds my gears when it stops working.
This time, the problem seems to be a lot more incognito than before.
Since the latest updates, or maybe the newest install of windows, the system crashes after being booted for 15 seconds.
Thinking that it is a Windows error, I cleanly re-installed windows. Upon re-installation, I found that when the display changed from the 250% scaling resolution to 150% as set by default,
the same thing happens. The screen flashes with the same colour as the theme currently set on windows and then shows a blank black screen, like the display has been turned off.
Thinking that Overclocking was the problem, I did a completely new reinstall of Windows without any Aorus software and still the problem persisted.
I went into safe mode, and on a gut instinct disabled the GPU and rolled back the driver to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
VOILA! Problem solved right? The system would not shut down even in the face of extreme overclocking at 4 GHz at temps of around 93C.
I need the GPU to work for both college work and work at home.

I have come to understand the fact that either the BIOS or the vBIOS is messed up which is messing with my windows.

Can anyone help me?

I believe that re-flashing the GPU with a working BIOS from the same laptop and model number would fix the problem.

Any opinions?

Associate
Hi all.
Quick question, I've got an Aorus x7v7 2018 model laptop, during a thermal paste upgrade to bear grizzly kryptonaut using artic cleaner for prep I've seen to of bricked my computer unfortunately! Not sure how but this is first time I've used artic cleaner do suspecting s possible static short unfortunately somewhere.
Anybody know of a wiring schematic for the board to try diagnose?

Associate
Hello all,
I am new here and I believe that this is my first post here.
I love my Aorus X5 V6 (when it works), but it really grinds my gears when it stops working.
This time, the problem seems to be a lot more incognito than before.
Since the latest updates, or maybe the newest install of windows, the system crashes after being booted for 15 seconds.
Thinking that it is a Windows error, I cleanly re-installed windows. Upon re-installation, I found that when the display changed from the 250% scaling resolution to 150% as set by default,
the same thing happens. The screen flashes with the same colour as the theme currently set on windows and then shows a blank black screen, like the display has been turned off.
Thinking that Overclocking was the problem, I did a completely new reinstall of Windows without any Aorus software and still the problem persisted.
I went into safe mode, and on a gut instinct disabled the GPU and rolled back the driver to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
VOILA! Problem solved right? The system would not shut down even in the face of extreme overclocking at 4 GHz at temps of around 93C.
I need the GPU to work for both college work and work at home.

I have come to understand the fact that either the BIOS or the vBIOS is messed up which is messing with my windows.

Can anyone help me?

I believe that re-flashing the GPU with a working BIOS from the same laptop and model number would fix the problem.

Any opinions?

@Atom80 is your man, if he can't help, he'll know someone that can.

Associate
Quick question gents, I'm reading that replacing thermal paste doesn't void warranty, however if I replaced thermal paste and suddenly laptop shows no sign of life how does that work out? Presuming it would fall under user negligence voiding warranty?

Back
Top Bottom