GL702ZC Asus driver support

Associate
Hi guys just a little curious if anyone else has had the same problem as me with Asus drivers being so far out of date, and when you update to the latest drivers from AMD it disables FreeSync, I am also having problems with the ATK drivers not working on the laptop neither so I cant dim the backlights on the keyboard.

The laptop boasts a that it has a desktop CPU and a Desktop GPU but I get a really Sh!ty deal when it comes to support from Asus customer service is shocking, I Cant get use of Wattman or any other settings for voltages and fan control have to go through 3rd party Software I also have a totally locked down bios and no support from asus again for it to be unlocked as it is supposed to be able to be upgraded to the latest Ryzen 2700 CPU.

I like the Laptop and it serves me very well for the gaming I do but when it comes to features I feel that it is very lacking. So just wondering if anyone knows anyone who is able to open the features that are actually locked so I can do more with this.

Associate
Hi guys just a little curious if anyone else has had the same problem as me with Asus drivers being so far out of date, and when you update to the latest drivers from AMD it disables FreeSync, I am also having problems with the ATK drivers not working on the laptop neither so I cant dim the backlights on the keyboard.

The laptop boasts a that it has a desktop CPU and a Desktop GPU but I get a really Sh!ty deal when it comes to support from Asus customer service is shocking, I Cant get use of Wattman or any other settings for voltages and fan control have to go through 3rd party Software I also have a totally locked down bios and no support from asus again for it to be unlocked as it is supposed to be able to be upgraded to the latest Ryzen 2700 CPU.

I like the Laptop and it serves me very well for the gaming I do but when it comes to features I feel that it is very lacking. So just wondering if anyone knows anyone who is able to open the features that are actually locked so I can do more with this.

I have the same laptop. Over on Laptop Forums people have reached out to Asus regarding a possible upgrade/unlocking and unfortunately it appears we are stuck running the 7 1700. However I have a very good stable overclock on mine using Asus ZenStates.

Associate
OP
that looks like a pretty sweet OC and getting them scores in Cinebench I will have to dig a little deeper into it, I think Asus Customer Support after resale is shocking not any official driver update for the laptop for over a year and no bios update to help with stability and optimisation. Don't get me wrong I love this laptop but the potencial it has is being hindered by crappy support

Back
Top Bottom