LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Soldato
Can you get the 2 year warranty after you purchased? Is it the square trade one?

50 quid sounds like a reasonable amount for 4 years total warranty.

Soldato
honestly, can't tell. i just like that it's higher. i reconnected the alienware yesterday before giving it off to the friend i'm selling it to and i could not tell the difference, actually the perceived smoothness was better on the alienware i think, i think the gsync module does something better there.

i have the issue with the F model that manifested yesterday and this morning too. the computer was off during the night, but i do not turn the monitor off. when i cold start the computer, the screen is all purple tinted and has a bright green vertical stripe in the middle. it fixed itself when i turned the screen off and on again. IT crowd style.

have to google this, i think i saw someone mention that it might be the DP cable (using the supplied one) and if not, i will have to return. problem is, i already sold the AW :-\

edit: found a photo of the same issue on reddit:

https://i.redd.it/sd53rr9745m21.jpg

i have 2 weeks to diagnose this before my return expires, so we'll see.
Mine is also doing this. Look a few posts back and you'll see my post with the exact same problem. It's nothing to do with the cables as I've tried multiple cables and different PC's and it does it on both the DP and HDMI ports.

It's also getting worse. It started with being able to just turn it off and back on once, now I have to turn it off and on up to 8 or 9 times until I get a picture. Weirdly once it does settle, it's fine for hours & hours.

I've arranged for an RMA.

Associate
Hello, first post here. Purchased this monitor today, it has quite a lot of BLB.

I notice it when I enter a dark scene in game but then stop noticing it. Do you guys think this level of BLB is acceptable?

Lowest brightness:

lHXx156.jpg

50% brightness:

3ctbqL1.jpg

Another camera with 50% brightness:
cN2wRUk.jpg

Edit: Added photo of 50% brightness

Last edited:
Soldato
Top left is looking pretty rough but really it's whatever you find acceptable. Some people on these forums have gone through 5+ returns to get the perfect screen in their eyes (not this model by the way, just other threads on this forum).
For me personally, I can live with BLB more than I can live with a dead pixel.

Associate
mine was the same, returned it. unacceptable. also did the weird green/purple colored screen on wake up.

going back to alienware. this is not worth the hassle.

Associate
EmojilessPsyko - my 34gk950f looks similar in the corners, maybe a touch less bleed than yours. Only you can decide what is acceptable, but I don't think that amount is uncommon per se. White led bias lighting will help it be less perceptible in use.

Soldato
White and black uniformity do not look like much / any improvement over the previous generation of panels... I guess the 1900r curve does not help with this.

Associate
After some weeks of waiting mine finally arrived today, not from OC I'm sorry to say I just couldn't afford their £1149 price tag.
Pleased to say it arrived fully working, and screen unifomity seems better than most going by some of the images posted on here though of course it's not perfect.
I'd appreciate some help with settings.I've read some review and followed their calibration suggestions but some more input from those who already have there's setup nicely would be helpful. I realise not all monitors are the same so shall use as a guide. I am tempted to invest in a calibration tool I'd like to know it's setup as best it can be.

Soldato
Wonder what percentage of these monitors were returned under RMA and what under DSR. The ones returned under DSR will be resold as new or packaged into B-stock? I have a feeling that the ones that were returned under DSR will be then sold as new, which means somebody somewhere is getting previously returned monitor that has bad light bleed and or dead pixels.

Tough times, I am still very much interested in taking the gamble but the defect rate on these monitors seem to be quite high after going through this thread.

Back
Top Bottom