Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I was thinking it might come down to Jon and Dany at the end and he would say again that the North won't be ruled and she then tells her dragons to burn him, but instead they take his side. Probably too obvious an ending though.

I was thinking along the same lines. That come the end of he battle Jon and Daenerys might end up at odds over the north and south. I doubt Danny would order a dragon to kill Jon but perhaps in the ensuing argument the dragon that already looks a little jealous and protective might attack Jon. Then there could be a "oh look he's a fireproof Targaryen too," which would rubber stamp his claim to the throne. Once on the throne he could split the lands and make her queen of the south at his side. In truth I'm clueless as to how the ending may go, which is a credit to the writers. So far there have been no disappointments with the final season.

Is this next episode nigh on 90mins long?

Soldato
I was thinking along the same lines. That come the end of he battle Jon and Daenerys might end up at odds over the north and south. I doubt Danny would order a dragon to kill Jon but perhaps in the ensuing argument the dragon that already looks a little jealous and protective might attack Jon. Then there could be a "oh look he's a fireproof Targaryen too," which would rubber stamp his claim to the throne. Once on the throne he could split the lands and make her queen of the south at his side. In truth I'm clueless as to how the ending may go, which is a credit to the writers. So far there have been no disappointments with the final season.

I think the remaining four episodes are feature length i.e 90 minutes. :cool:

Caporegime

The dragons might not necessarily obey Dany’s order to kill, if they can sense Jon is a Targ.

Soldato
They're just creating a bit of Arya/Sansa season 7 style tension to try and keep the impending Targ restoration slightly less obvious. The books have both subtle and blatant foreshadowing with regards to them marrying.

Permabanned
The dragons might not necessarily obey Dany’s order to kill, if they can sense Jon is a Targ.

I'd disagree, considering the Targs used dragons against each other (other Targs and other dragons controlled by Targs). But that's in the past, and it's the show vs books, so who knows.

Caporegime
I wonder if the night king will do a flyby making it obvious he’s heading straight south, or if the absence will be implied instead.

I assume we’ll get the warp speed dragon again to be ‘consistent’.

Soldato
I watched this week's 'Thronecast' earlier and one of the guests had a great idea, I thought. Don't think it's cropped up here and we might be spoiling things for ourselves, but...

Jaime dies, Arya takes his face and uses it to get to Cersei. I would put a GoT twist on that and say Cersei sees through it (preferably not in bed) and Arya dies, Oberon-stylee.

Anyway, even though I'm not a big fan of the faces stuff (too 'easy' a trick, plotwise, for my tastes) it'd be a decent way of trying to cross Cersei off the list. I see Cersei making her own end though, she won't go meekly into the night (king).

The best bit about the Thronecast episode was watching Charles Dance being a GoT fanboy. I'd wondered if he'd have be a bit 'it's just another low brow job' about it, but he clearly enjoyed playing Tywin. Nice, because it's hard to imagine anyone else in the role. In fact once this is all over I'm looking forward to eventually reading the books again, this time populated by the TV cast; most of them are better than the folk I sketched in my imagination.

Soldato
I wonder if the night king will do a flyby making it obvious he’s heading straight south, or if the absence will be implied instead.

I assume we’ll get the warp speed dragon again to be ‘consistent’.

He'll be at Winterfell seeing as he has a personal snow storm following him everywhere, and there's several shots (Dany+Drogon, Jon in the Godswood) where it's falling heavily. Also as said, he's after Bran not the throne (which didn't even exist during the last long night).

Soldato
I think littlefinger is alive and will make an appearance.

LOL. I do think we are going to encounter a few "Known-dead" faces just to spice up the battle. Plus at some point Bronn is going to come good and earn his castle and gold. Plus is Gregor Clegane, already sort of dead anyway? Might he be turned without actually being killed. Again??

Back
Top Bottom