Police bust gang behind fake Lego brand in £23m raid

Soldato
Not sure how to feel about this. . Mr lego "we spend millions advertising" you are screwing us.. Mr countifiter "it hurts no one ".... Quick thoughts are no one was hurt but long game is countifiters destroy the lego franchise ..

Long game Lego destroys the planet, so a damage to Lego is a win for the planet :D

Soldato
Lego is not the same anymore as when I was young.

Screw them fakes all day as its very expensive now and strange to me, my daughter must have over £1000 worth of lego and its crap.

Soldato
The quality of these sets was supposed to be pretty good, a friend of mine bought a few from Aliexpress and he couldn't tell the difference between the Lepin and real Lego. I imagine ease of access for people in the West to purchase Lepin played quite a role here. I was almost tempted to get a Porsche Technics set.

Caporegime
I can tell the difference.
I have an out of production lepin set. I wasn't going to pay 400 due to Mark up of old sets but the pieces aren't up to lego standard. Some are marked etc. But it is significantly cheaper on out of production sets.

I also need to get a set lego don't make. But otherwise I always buy lego. Lepin won't appreciate either. But I can see the appeal for kids. Lego is expensive. If you aren't a collector those lepin prices are hard to ignore

Always get the lego set of you can. If you look at the porsche 911 gt3 it's already up from its cheapest rrp and its barely out of production.

Soldato
I have a few out of print sets made by lepin which are Lego copies. No problem with any of it.

Lepin was/is in the process of rebranding and moving away from Lego copies. Lepin is probably dead but would not be surprised to see their own models coming through eventually.

Soldato
A fraction of the price with around the same quality, just shows how much of rip-off Lego is now. If people are buying copies instead of the real thing then companies should really ask why instead of having doors kicked in.

It's not like real Lego is any better for the environment either. It can't be recycled afaik.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom