*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Now the Xbox One S ADE (All Digital Edition) has officially been announced, release 7th May along side Game Pass Ultimate, later in the year Who is going to get the disc less console ?

I might have been tempted if they'd made it smaller and cheaper, I still can't quite believe they released the exact same console just minus the drive. What a wasted opportunity.

Soldato
I might have been tempted if they'd made it smaller and cheaper, I still can't quite believe they released the exact same console just minus the drive. What a wasted opportunity.

The ADE version will be, as mentioned earlier, is a means for Microsoft to test the waters for a digital only console without re-tooling the factories.

The next family of Xbox hardware is being developed and it would be a waste of resources to re-design the current gen just for an all digital version.

Soldato
The ADE version will be, as mentioned earlier, is a means for Microsoft to test the waters for a digital only console without re-tooling the factories.

The next family of Xbox hardware is being developed and it would be a waste of resources to re-design the current gen just for an all digital version.

I wonder what they are learning though, PC has been all digital for years, having Windows 10 sucking up our data and their own store they should know plenty by now.

I think the biggest barrier is internet speed and game/patch sizes.

Our new build development only had fibre available a few months ago, I signed up immediately, was an absolute nightmare having a 3mb connection, took days to download anything substantial.

The next Xbox may have a digital version in addition as an option but there is no way they'll ditch optical drives globally in the coming generation, there is too much patchy/slow coverage to make it mandatory. If they do they'll lose even more market share to Sony.

They also need to sort out the pricing of new digital releases, no way should thrt still be costing more than retail. I get all the reasons why this is but needs to change, sorry if GAME goes out of business but times change.

Soldato
Is there even anyone left that still buys there games on a disc :confused:

The last time I bought a PC game on a disc was about 10 years ago and just about all my console games have been by download for around the last 3 or so years
(apart from my switch)

Yes, I always buy whatever is the cheapest 99.9% of the time it's disc.

Soldato
Of course, why wouldn't there be? It's significantly cheaper for a start.
It seems so old fashioned to buy things on disc these days and having to swap discs and having loads of useless boxes

I find it far nicer to just be able to switch on a console or pc and then just choose what i want to play from an on screen list...The same with movies on sky,netflix,ATV and music albums

Soldato
It seems so old fashioned to buy things on disc these days and having to swap discs and having loads of useless boxes

I find it far nicer to just be able to switch on a console or pc and then just choose what i want to play from an on screen list...The same with movies on sky,netflix,ATV and music albums

I prefer saving £10-15 per game I buy. Plenty of people also still buy games on impulse in shops, trade them in or sell them on.

Soldato

Kingdom Hearts 3 is £55 from the Xbox Store. £30 from Base.com for the retail version, a £25 saving. That's 3 months worth of Xbox Game Pass with change to spare! :eek:

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I'm thinking of selling my xbox one s but wondering how it would work as I still have Xbox live gold membership until next summer. If I pick up an Xbox X next year is it a simple case of logging in to my existing membership and having all my digital games still playable?

Soldato
I'm thinking of selling my xbox one s but wondering how it would work as I still have Xbox live gold membership until next summer. If I pick up an Xbox X next year is it a simple case of logging in to my existing membership and having all my digital games still playable?

Yeah that should work, would be worth logging in monthly to the website or app to get the games with gold and to keep your account live.

Back
Top Bottom