Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Soldato
Loved it, had a slight panic when the film didn't start for 5 minutes after all the trailers.

For 3 hours it didn't feel like it at all and surprisingly all the kids in the screen managed to stay quiet for this.

Throat hurts abit from being choked up towards the end and I could hear a few people wiping tears.

Associate
I enjoyed it but I think they've done better films in the MCU (Avengers Assemble, Ragnarok, Infinity war were better for me and I'm a sucker for Winter Soldier). A good finale for this phase but I can't help but feel that they didn't quite reach the highs that they had set out for.

Fat beer belly Thor was funny and could still kick some ass, loved how he is now hitching a ride with the Guardians now, should make vol3 more interesting.

Looks like Cap was worthy in the end to wield Mjolnir, that was pretty awesome to see, liked how they retired him off... it could be said 'he earned it'.

How ****** was Scarlet Witch, she nearly torn Thanos apart all by herself.

Permabanned
“Avengers: Endgame” has done the impossible.

In just five days, the Marvel film hauled in more than $1.2 billion at the global box office.

This shatters the previous record for the highest weekend total of $641 million set by “Avengers: Infinity War” last year. This has never happened before and marks the fastest a film has ever reached the billion dollar mark.

“Infinity War” was the previous record holder with 11 days.

In the U.S., the Marvel superhero flick took in a record-breaking estimated $350 million during its opening weekend, shattering expectations. The previous domestic record was held by “Avengers: Infinity War,” which opened last year to $257.6 million.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/28/ave...ecords-with-1point2-billion-global-debut.html

Last edited:
Caporegime
“Avengers: Endgame” has done the impossible.

In just five days, the Marvel film hauled in more than $1.2 billion at the global box office.

This shatters the previous record for the highest weekend total of $641 million set by “Avengers: Infinity War” last year. This has never happened before and marks the fastest a film has ever reached the billion dollar mark.

“Infinity War” was the previous record holder with 11 days.

In the U.S., the Marvel superhero flick took in a record-breaking estimated $350 million during its opening weekend, shattering expectations. The previous domestic record was held by “Avengers: Infinity War,” which opened last year to $257.6 million.

It looks like it will topple Avatar in about 2 weeks.

Soldato
What I find unique with Endgame is that I've spoken with people of all ages, backgrounds and levels at work over the last week and virtually all of them are seeing it over the weekend.

There's been no high brow snobbery or populist anti-cool sentiment, just general excitement at a huge cinema event that's been a long time in the making.

Soldato
That was epic.

That moment when the portals opened, and pretty much every MCU character arrived, squaring up to Thanos' army. That bit had me grinning like an idiot.

But...
I was a bit disappointed with how they treated Thanos, after doing such a brilliant job in Infinity War. He gives up on his "kill half" plan, and decides to destroy the entire universe and start afresh? That annoyed me. Thanos' objective in IW was monstrous, but you're never in any doubt that he truly believes it's for the greater good. Suddenly he wants to kill everything, pretty much out of spite? No. That's not the Thanos we knew in IW. Feels like a cheap way to raise the stakes, when they didn't really need raising.

Soldato
That was epic.

That moment when the portals opened, and pretty much every MCU character arrived, squaring up to Thanos' army. That bit had me grinning like an idiot.

My eyes leaked at that point.. damn hayfever. It was an EPIC moment, very epic. There were gasps from the people in my screen when this happened and when
Capt took moljinar (sp)
it was even more apparent...

Associate
I saw Endgame today. I opted for a 2D showing at 12.00 as it was the first showing which had seats in a place I wanted to sit in, and the four earlier showings were pretty much all sold out as well. My showing didn't have many empty seats at all either. Would score it at least 8/10, liked the build up in the first 3rd of the movie and didn't really expect the ending either. Might see it again on Wednesday as today I saw it after a night shift so don't think I took everything in as well as I could have done.

I didn't expect or think of Cap getting to use Mjolnir but wow that was awesome.

Soldato
Was a decent end to this phase. Can't say I will be to invested in the next wave of films apart from Gaurdians with all the politics/diversity/virtue signalling getting pushed.

Soldato
Mixed feelings when I came out. After digesting it for the past day - it was awesome.

Glad I saw it this weekend. People posting spoilers everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom