Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Soldato
Watched it on saturday, and enjoyed it a lot. Glad i didn't spoil it myself.

It's a shame that Black widow didn't get a movie before endgame. Scar jo, performance was amazing in this film

Loved the trio team up with Thor, Ironman and Captain America; It was a brilliant scene for me. Even if Thor was nerfed to make it work. Watching Cap wield mjolnir was great, strange that he had lightning though

Caporegime
Watched it on saturday, and enjoyed it a lot. Glad i didn't spoil it myself.

It's a shame that Black widow didn't get a movie before endgame. Scar jo, performance was amazing in this film

Loved the trio team up with Thor, Ironman and Captain America; It was a brilliant scene for me. Even if Thor was nerfed to make it work. Watching Cap wield mjolnir was great, strange that he had lightning though
Odin said:
Whoever holds this Hammer, if he be worthy shall possess the power of Thor.

Soldato
I just got back, being vague so no spoilers: despite wanting to love it, expecting to love it, I really, really disliked it.

First hour was boring as it started way to slow, the middle bit I never felt any real sense of risk or threat, just going through the motions, the end was good but didn't last all that long and the end end was just back to tedious again.

It looked brilliant and I must admit they absolutely nailed the humour element and two of the long term group were particularly brilliantly played but the rest was just, meh.

I may not have been the ideal audience though as I didn't particularly enjoy Infinity War, though it was better than this, and I must admit to largely checking out of the series apart from Spiderman and Guardians for a while now.

Bit gutted actually as I really wanted to love it but honestly at the end I was willing it to finish :(

One scene in particular was bad.

The girl power scene in the battle :o that was so overplayed and cringeworthy I almost passed out my eyes rolled back in my skull so hard.

The post battle ending was so drawn out as well, really the whole film almost felt like a homage to the previous 20+ as opposed to much in its own right

Appreciate I will be a minority here, just gutted I got so little from it :(

Man of Honour
Oh ffs does every act of girls coming together have to be seen as some sort of ‘thing’? It probably was quite empowering and/or cool for some young girl somewhere so, really, why make a hoohah of it.

Soldato
How does Cap staying in 40's not screw the timeline?
Cap and Mjolnir fair enough, but lightning, that's Thors power, not the hammers!?!
Thanos comes forward in time, so in that timeline, he doesn't exist anymore so no snappening?
Loki drops off with the Tesseract, so another timeline there?
Falcon being Cap, erm, is this the same sort of box-ticking as the women "she's not alone" thing?
Everyone at Parkers school got snapped, and hes back and none of his friends have aged..
How old is Cap now?
Mid 20's in First Avenger, iced for 70 years, say 10 years over the MCU film timeline, then back to the 40's, then ~80 years to bring him back up to the end of Endgame?

Other than that lot, was a good film, not to the same standard as IW I don't think but a good 7/10 I'd say all in all a good end to the last 3 phases, just Far From Home left as the last film in Phase 3...

Soldato
I wasn't gunna watch it but spoilers were coming. Some **** on Steam changed his name to a spoiler and I got matched up against him in Rocket League. Great!. So I decided to watch it this morning and it was okay, not bad but not great.

Soldato
Oh ffs does every act of girls coming together have to be seen as some sort of ‘thing’? It probably was quite empowering and/or cool for some young girl somewhere so, really, why make a hoohah of it.

I'll spoiler your post before I reply, but as my for response -

People aren't complaining "because" there was a Girl Power scene, after all Black Widow, Scarlet Witch and Okoye all fought Proxima Midnight in Infinity Wars as a "girl power" moment and no-one complained because it well written and made sense in the story. The A-Force scene in Endgame however was badly written, did nothing for the story and that is why people have complained, because they did the "girl power" scene so badly that it stood out and didn't make sense in the that part of the battle.

Soldato
Get used to it :( more of it will be coming.
It's awful when it's pushed and doesn't feel natural.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

How does Cap staying in 40's not screw the timeline?
Cap and Mjolnir fair enough, but lightning, that's Thors power, not the hammers!?!
Thanos comes forward in time, so in that timeline, he doesn't exist anymore so no snappening?
Loki drops off with the Tesseract, so another timeline there?
Falcon being Cap, erm, is this the same sort of box-ticking as the women "she's not alone" thing?
Everyone at Parkers school got snapped, and hes back and none of his friends have aged..
How old is Cap now?
Mid 20's in First Avenger, iced for 70 years, say 10 years over the MCU film timeline, then back to the 40's, then ~80 years to bring him back up to the end of Endgame?

Other than that lot, was a good film, not to the same standard as IW I don't think but a good 7/10 I'd say all in all a good end to the last 3 phases, just Far From Home left as the last film in Phase 3...
Whomever wields the hammer (if they are worthy) shall possess the power of Thor. This includes lightning.

As for the rest of your points; There was some time travel timeline guff about not being able to affect the present by altering the past (because your past self becomes the future timeline)... explained by the sorcerer supreme... it’s time travel stuff, don’t think too hard :p

Caporegime
It's a sad day when some powerful humans work as a team and people look at them and automatically think 'they're all women, this is weird and unnatural.'

Caporegime
It's a sad day when some powerful humans work as a team and people look at them and automatically think 'they're all women, this is weird and unnatural.'

It's not that, I've no problem with a team of women superheros

But on a huge battlefield, every one of them just happened to come together at the exact same time...it just wasn't written very well and didn't evolve in a natural way.

I listen to The Empire podcast a lot. Helen O'Hara is one of the regular presenters on it, and is very much a feminist (I mean that in a positive sense), banging the drum for women in film, more female stories etc etc and she wrote the review and said
"the big brawl that finishes – that had to finish this – is one for the ages. The action sometimes moves a little too fast to really grasp, but there’s so much to entertain that it seems unfair to complain. It’s punctuated by moments of pure, giddy delight that put Thor’s arrival in Wakanda into the shade, and moments of emotion that hit hard; if this is fan service (okay, it’s definitely fan service) it’s exceptionally well deployed. Except, maybe, for one nod to grrrl power that is uncharacteristically clumsy.

Caporegime
It's a 3 hour movie, if a single scene of 10 second (something that I have no issues with, and honestly I have no idea why some people here are so upset!) is the biggest thing that get on your nerves then the movie has done something right. The entire movie have Capt beating every other guy up so on balance I think this is nothing to complain about.

I have no issue with that same as I have no issues with seeing a mixed race couple on screen or a gay couple on screen. It's just a scene.

Soldato
It's a 3 hour movie, if a single scene of 10 second (something that I have no issues with, and honestly I have no idea why some people here are so upset!) is the biggest thing that get on your nerves then the movie has done something right. The entire movie have Capt beating every other guy up so on balance I think this is nothing to complain about.

I have no issue with that same as I have no issues with seeing a mixed race couple on screen or a gay couple on screen. It's just a scene.

I think people take issue with it feeling forced into the flow rather than being part of the flow

Nobody is complaining about Scarlett Witch being a badass and pretty much single handedly kicking Thanos' ass and forcing him to use his Spaceship to fire everything on everyone just to stop her ripping him apart with her magic after Thanos whooped Iron Mans, Thors and Captain Thormerica's ass
it's the not the message of women being badass that's a bad thing but the way that message is put in the story, this is from someone who was disappointed that Movie Scarlett Witch was significantly way way less powerful than Comic Scarlett Witch :)

Caporegime
It's not that, I've no problem with a team of women superheros

But on a huge battlefield, every one of them just happened to come together at the exact same time...it just wasn't written very well and didn't evolve in a natural way.

I listen to The Empire podcast a lot. Helen O'Hara is one of the regular presenters on it, and is very much a feminist (I mean that in a positive sense), banging the drum for women in film, more female stories etc etc and she wrote the review and said
I didn't even notice it. That's how 'jarring' and badly written it was.

Back
Top Bottom