Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Gave the Porsche a full bodywork detail today. Frustratingly found 2 slight scuffs on each of the front alloys. 3 haven't broken the lacquer but one has scratched the metal. Definitely not been done when I've been driving and the only other people to drive it recently have been Porsche. Only other option I can think is that somehow stones kicking up have done it.
Cleaned, hit it with fallout remover and then gave any remaining spots a run over with clay.
Paintwork looks great after a combo of poorboys white diamond and natty's paste wax. Really glossy!
Gave the windows a wash down, then repaired a few small chips with the rain-x kit. 1 has gone really well and pretty much disappeared - 2 are OK but could probably have gone better. Did notice another one that I might tackle tomorrow if it's sunny.

Associate
Where i live its first come first serve when it comes to parking, there is a couple a spots that are under a tree and during this time of year well the birds have used my car for target practise this weekend. Was a little annoyed when i went out to it yesterday after i washed Friday. Anyway what's the best products to use remove bird ****, as i am going to remove it as a soon as i get home tonight.

Caporegime
Where i live its first come first serve when it comes to parking, there is a couple a spots that are under a tree and during this time of year well the birds have used my car for target practise this weekend. Was a little annoyed when i went out to it yesterday after i washed Friday. Anyway what's the best products to use remove bird ****, as i am going to remove it as a soon as i get home tonight.

If you have a good layer of wax on, or not even, place a piece of tissue over it, pour water on top, let it soak for 5mins then lift.

I normally spray some Sonax BSD on it afterwards.

Associate
Cheers guys, autoglym poo wipes might be worth keeping some inside. Just been looking at poorboy's Poo remover whilst on my tea break. Its always a problem if we have to park one of our cars under those tree's, i tend to avoid those spaces, as much as possible but didn't get the chance this weekend. Now need to give my car a good clean again.

Last edited:
Associate
The replacement Nilfisk C120 arrived today and..............................

died after literally 1 second!! It's going back and now I need to decide between going for a Karcher K4 and worrying about QC issues and a short life span or forking out over double on an entry level Kranzle.

Hacked off! :mad:

Soldato

died after literally 1 second!! It's going back and now I need to decide between going for a Karcher K4 and worrying about QC issues and a short life span or forking out over double on an entry level Kranzle.

had bosch before my karcher k4

both have been working great with regular use! bosch got abused big time and still going, upgraded to a more powerful karcher. - sold bosch to a mate and he is using it regularly. Would recommend either brand

Caporegime

Karcher K4, mine's been fine. Granted i've only used it 3 times so far.

Associate
Thanks both, a neighbor of mine also uses a K4 and does a bit of detailing on the side at weekends and his has also been fine.

Annoyingly the £35 I spend on a decent foam lance (with Nilfisk connector) will now need changing/replacing.

Caporegime
Thanks both, a neighbor of mine also uses a K4 and does a bit of detailing on the side at weekends and his has also been fine.

Annoyingly the £35 I spend on a decent foam lance (with Nilfisk connector) will now need changing/replacing.

One thing you should do, or I think you should anyway, is before turning it on, press the gun so that there are water flowing through it and let it run a little, then turn the machine on. Don't turn it on with it full of air.

Associate
I did do that, with both pressure washers, to ensure they had a good amount of water through the gun to ensure it's primed, or whatever the term is.

@rhysduck on turning the power on, the first had pressure for about 10 seconds, then just died. While trying different sockets (just in case) it fired up for a split second very occasionally but then nothing again. The second powered up for all of a second then died. Tried it in two other sockets and still nothing. Either I'm just unlucky or their QC is very poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom