Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Caporegime
You're just doing mental backflips to explain it away. But as i have said it's only a minor blip that the next time i'll just ignore the screen as it just feminist baiting

It's not a mental blackflip, I stated a moment that happened in Iron man, you stated a moment that happned in Endgame. They are both chance. TBH it's as if you have an agenda to begin with and your mind takes you to those places as a result.

Soldato
Then they should be 'woke' I guess :D

Any way, trying to argue semantics on something subjective is never going to have any sort of practical resolution, so lets all just agree to disagree.

Totally, the biggest reaction in the movie was when:
Cap picking up Thors hammer, the cinema just went mental and then cap using the hammer and his shield together was just insane! That was by far the best moment of the movie filled was extraordinary moments

Soldato
All this talk about 'that' scene, all I saw was a kick ass scene. It's a film and if people feel it forced or embarrassing or whatever you felt it was like then god help us all. Its a movie with tons of action characters in it. Get over it.
TBH it shouldn't even be a talking point unless it talking about how great it was.

I got goosebumps on that scene and others in that final.

Soldato
I loved Endgame and thought it was pretty much spot on with the balance of feeling, humour and action. The "Grrllll Power" scene was rather heavy handed and I've less issue with the message and more with the clumsy delivery. They're usually far more subtle in MCU films.
The one stand out 'bad' element was CM. TBH, she came across as really arrogant and unlikeable. I guess they could ret-con that due to her 'training' in her standalone film but it really needs to change. She definitely doesn't have the charisma of any of the original Avengers line-up.
I suppose the best review I could give the film is that I spent 3 hours watching it and it flew by. No wonder it blew through $1bn in it's opening weekend.

EDIT: Actually I just thought of one more awesome thing about the end battle. In the comics there are often images of huge arrays of heroes and villains attacking each other and you can spend ages poring over them looking at the details, spotting characters, etc. This battle was the first time I really felt that in an MCU film. It was better for that than the Battle of Wakanda
because everyone was there. Well, nearly everyone.

Commissario
The chances of that are astromical,

Maybe 14m to 1 :D
A million to one chances come up 9 times out of ten. ;) (and it's The Lady who sees to that:p)

They were all in a relatively small area, all concentrated on the same basic task (the gauntlet/infinity stones), they're going to converge, all that happened was a little bit of cinematic licence in the same way that always happens in films where people just happen to arrive at the same time or meet up on the battlefield..
It's no worse than everyone arriving just as Cap pulls himself up after Thanos beats him down and get the message "on your left".
Or the way that each of the good guys just happened to end up fighting a bad guy of similar strength/abilities rather than concentrating on wiping out all the lower level cannon fodder first (they left that up to the Wakanden's and the normal Asguardians)

Soldato
With regard to the trepidation of Captain Marvel being the future face of the MCU, it's because it's not a very well written character, the characters main outing saw her overpowered and under challenged and she is unlikeable.
I enjoyed Wonder Woman when it came out but Chris Pine's character was better written and easier to engage with and let's not start with Rey. Screenwriters seem to be trying too hard with these leading lady characters and giving them no weaknesses. By contrast in the MCU many of the supporting female characters have been excellently written. Scarlet Witch and Black Widow in particular but, Pepper Potts, Peggy Carter and the Wakanda ladies also.

But Endgame was excellent and I think in general we're arguing over minor things there were very few missteps for me. The MCU has been an absolute triumph and I find it hard to imagine we'll ever see it done so well again.

Pet Northerner
Don
I enjoyed the film overall, there were a few pacing issues I had in the first third of the film - but I accept that it was going to be hard to pace.

In terms of the 'Girl Power' shot - I noticed it and thought nothing of it really (apart from thinking that's a nice bit of fan service for anyone who cared about the female roles)

Soldato
But Endgame was excellent and I think in general we're arguing over minor things there were very few missteps for me. The MCU has been an absolute triumph and I find it hard to imagine we'll ever see it done so well again.

I agree with this. I also find it almost impossible to imagine another franchise along the lines of the MCU. Every other one that has been attempted has been a failure. To have produced so many films and TV shows and have them all linking together into a coherent, fulfilling whole just seems highly unlikely. Feige and his team have truly pulled off a once in a lifetime masterstroke.

Soldato
With regard to the trepidation of Captain Marvel being the future face of the MCU, it's because it's not a very well written character, the characters main outing saw her overpowered and under challenged and she is unlikeable.
I enjoyed Wonder Woman when it came out but Chris Pine's character was better written and easier to engage with and let's not start with Rey. Screenwriters seem to be trying too hard with these leading lady characters and giving them no weaknesses. By contrast in the MCU many of the supporting female characters have been excellently written. Scarlet Witch and Black Widow in particular but, Pepper Potts, Peggy Carter and the Wakanda ladies also.

Thank you, absolutely spot on with everything you just said. Not sure why others are just not getting this

Caporegime
It's also from the 80s and not a superhero film :p

Just realised it wasn't the 90s, it was the 00s.

Remember Elektra and Catwoman?

And it is not like strong female leads don't work, Buffy and Dark Angel were great.

I was just clearly pointing out that women leads can work and have worked over 30 years ago. Sarah Conor in T2 is another one just to name a few. People pick up on it now because of this whole movement rubbish. I almost missed Captain Marvel because of this but it was a non issue and a good film. Tbh the girl power thing in Endgame flew by me and if it wasn't for this thread I would have been totally oblivious to it.

Soldato
Watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. For a 3 hour film it seemed to whizz by and I may go watch it again with some friends.

I'm surprised at how many people have an issue with the scene of people grouping up. I actually thought they all looked kinda bad ass and really liked it.. Such a weird thing to moan about :confused:

In a film about people with unrealistic powers fighting unrealistic foes people have picked a fault that they chose to pose for 2 seconds. Jesus.

Caporegime
Oh God. This time travel stuff melts my brain. When Cap goes back to return the stones to their rightful place in the timeline he takes Mjolnir back with him too. Being that the events of Age of Ultron happen after Thor The Dark World, which is when Thor & Rocket go back to and Thor takes Mjolnir, Cap takes it back and returns it, theoretically meaning that Thor doesn't even know it goes missing. They would then have to inject Jane with the Ether again (ouch) and the timeline carries on. This then means that at the party scene in Ultron Cap could lift the hammer, because he's worthy, as shown by this movie. So Cap chooses not to lift the Hammer?

Back
Top Bottom