APM

APM

Associate
My vpn will re-connect,generally in the middle of the night, and I'll get an error message that says 'unexpected re-direct'.

Any ideas why?

Associate
Big NOOB to VPNs … and a Virgin Fibre user.

What's the deal with not being able to access VPN sites with Virgin?

As an example I get this when trying to Access the NordVPN website

"
Cannot securely connect to this page
This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner."

Same on my mobile devices until I switch WIFI off and just go 4G, then I can access the NordVPN website. Same with other VPN sites I try to navigate to.

Thanks

APM

APM

Associate
Sounds like Virgin is blocking access to VPN websites,unless you have the router or your security set up to block outdated certificates etc?

Associate

Same on my mobile devices until I switch WIFI off and just go 4G, then I can access the NordVPN website. Same with other VPN sites I try to navigate to.

Thanks

Virgin cable connects alright

NordVPN: online security for everyone

APM

APM

Associate

Thanks
Do you use MalWareBytes,could be that blacklisting those sites?

Associate
Thanks for the replies.

I've tried the following and still no joy:

1. Disabled Virgin Router Firewall
2. Disabled Windows Defender Firewalls
3. Cleared SSL State / Cache

Browsers I'm using are Google Chrome, Edge and Edge Chromium (Canary)

Any suggestions for my next port of call?

Cheers

Associate
Thanks for the suggestion SupraWez, but nada.

Nothing with VPN switched on and bog standard pages such as Amazon load instantly when I switch it off.

APM

APM

Associate
Anyone know why I would get an 'unexpected re-direct' message and have my vpn connect to a different server than the one I chose?

Soldato
I am finding, more and more, that NordVPN's IP addresses are being blocked by Amazon and the like. You may find that if you get a VPN from the likes of Nord etc, that you have to get a static IP option as well.

I was discussing this with my friend. a lot of companies are promoting the use of NordVPN such as BBC program Click. Yet its NordVPN you would use to bypass iPlayers restrictions, which people are saying its hit and miss now.

Associate
What do you think would be best to get? Nord or express? Looking for unlimited vpn hopefully works with Netflix. I work away 3/3 and the servers are in Norway for our internet so need something to get me back into the uk

maj

maj

Soldato
Not tried Express but I find Nord's geo-locking for UK content to be hit and miss. Their IPs seems to be commonly known and are blocked by likes of Netflix whenever I try. I'd see if you can get a week's trial with them both and seem which performs better.

Back
Top Bottom