Best online banking

Soldato
N26 > than starling or Monzo. They are German so have an even higher rated protection scheme. Not many people in the UK know about them because they are a bit eliteist in their acceptance model but totally worth it. You want N26 Metal or the transparent card which is also pretty cool.

They charge you for cash withdrawals in currencies other than GBP for their standard / free service. So I don't consider them superior.

The higher rated protection scheme is about £4,000 higher than the UK one of £85,000, but it is passported from Germany.

Soldato
currently use lloyds and santander, neither have 2FA , if you are running the app on the same phone that will receive the pass code call - lol.

so the banks that have a separate code generator seem much safer ?

Monza bank were on the radio4 today saying they have superior security, so why should they contribute to a proposed bank rescue fund for people who are scammed -
what do they have ?

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money...ow-safe-online-banking-Three-things-know.html
Banks including First Direct, Metro and NatWest have introduced thumbprint or face scans when customers log in via their smartphone apps. But Mr Moyce says even this technology is not completely failsafe.
will have to look up details

Caporegime
Been with Monzo nearly a month now. Got to say, I’m so impressed. The app on my iPhone is just so fast and intuitive. It’s brilliantly designed and probably the best smartphone banking app I’ve ever used. I’ve also had to contact them a couple of times and always got straight through and had my problem resolved in minutes.

All in all a great service. A couple of my fave things are the roundup into savings pots, the way it shows upcoming payments on your home feed, rather than having to dig into your payments list and the cool way of sending money to people by text, email or WhatsApp. Pretty cool. Will be handy for buying things on MM. rather than muck about having to setup new payees, just fire a text to pay.

Soldato
Pretty sure you can do most/all of that with Natwest.I've been very impressed with their app but I do itch to try something like Monzo.

Has anyone moved from Natwest and if so how did you find it?

Back
Top Bottom